Revolution slider not working (failing to load resources)

I've installed the theme and the "Party" demo, but the Slider Revolution content isn't showing up. I've tried other rev slider demos and the same issue occurs. According to the Chrome dev tools it is failing to load the resources correctly : 

As you can see it's looking in "localhostpublic/assets" rather than the correct place (which I guess should be localhost:8888/public/assets or somethinng?? I'm not sure exactly). 

I made sure i installed everything in the correct order (plugins before demo data etc) and I have even deleted the whole site and started over from scratch but I can't get it to work. I can't find any way to resolve this and it's pretty urgent as it's a client site with a very tight deadline! Don't know if it's a problem with the theme or with Slider Revolution but please could you give me advice on how to fix it ASAP?

I cannot give you a login to the site as unfortunately it is being developed locally and cannot be put live until completed.

Thanks,

Laura

Comments

• Hi Laura,

did you imported Revolution Slider the same way as we described it on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/15/how-to-import-revolution-slider-into-be-theme ? To be honest, we have no idea what you may did wrong because you are working on localhost and until site is not online, we are unable to check where the problem could be.

Thanks!
  • Yes, that's exactly what I did. It's a process I have done many, many times before with other themes that include Slider Revolution and I've never had a problem before. Like I said, I actually tried deleting the whole site and starting again from scratch and I still had the same problem, so it's definitely not anything I have done wrong.  Clearly it is a problem with the plugin or the theme.
  • I have just tried creating a new site with a previous version of BeTheme I bought a while ago, and it works just fine, so it is definitely something to do with a recent change to either them theme or (more likely) the Slider Revolution plugin. For reference, it works perfectly using version 9.3 of BeTheme and 5.0.4.1 of Slider Revolution. It doesn't work using version 10.4 of the theme and 5.1 of the plugin. The installation process I used was identical in both cases.

As the slider came packaged with the theme I cannot contact the developers for support directly, so I would ask that you look into this for me or contact the plugin developers for their advice.

I suppose I could just go ahead and develop my site with the old version of the theme, but of course I will want to keep it updated going forward so this is not a long-term solution! I would prefer to have it sorted before I go ahead and build the site.

Many thanks.

• Actually, I cannot use the older version of the theme because it has an out of date version of Visual Composer which poses security issues. I am going to have to request a refund on the theme I'm afraid if this cannot be resolved.
  • VC plugin new version has been released during this weekend. It has been released after our theme update so can you tell us who should we update something what hasn't been updated while we released new version? This is a little bit illogical for us. However, if you will send us private request, we can send you recent version of VC.

In accordance to Revolution Slider, we contacted with ThemePunch and they have no advice for you because everything is fine. We are using BeTheme 10.4 version with Revolution Slider 5.1 on many sites (just like hundreds of other users) and all is fine. It means that something must be wrong on your side. We recommend to remove all plugin files via FTP and upload them once again because maybe they were not transferred properly.

P.S. If you want to go for a refund, just go for it. In this case you must contact with Envato because they are the seller. But like we wrote before, we guarantee that everything is fine between BeTheme 10.4 version and recent 5.1 revolution slider.
  • Hi,

I eventually managed to get this to work - the problem was that I was using a non standard port on localhost (8888, the default for MAMP). Changing this to 80 solved the issue.

I googled this issue for quite a while and found loads of other people who were having the same problem, none of whom were given answers though. This might be something that the plugin developers need to be aware of as it appears to be a problem that's been introduced recently (I've used this plugin before many times and this has never happened before).

If there's somewhere public that this fix could be displayed too, to save other people tearing their hair out as much as I did, that would be awesome.

Cheers :) 
  • Thanks for your comprehensive explanation. We're glad to hear that you found the reason of your problems.