Header issues on large screens

edited November 2015 in Theme support
As you can see from the attached, when I am on a large screen instead of the rev slider staying relative to the top menu, a large amount of white space is created and the slider and other content appear below it. 

Is there a CSS tweak I can make to improve this on larger screens?

Note: This only occurs on the homepage with the slider. All other pages are OK. I believe it is an issue with the rev_slider_wrapper but I don't know how to fix it.

Also I have tweaked the header with this: body:not(.template-slider) #Header { min-height: 94px !important;}

Comments

• Hi,

we did checked your site but we did not noticed anything like this. What screen size you presented on above screenshot and under which browser? Because on our side, it looks completely different and we do not have this empty space between the header and slider.

Thanks!
  • edited November 2015

Hi there, thanks for your fast response. 

On an apple thunderbolt 27 inch display, when I stretch out my browser to fill the screen. On any browser, it isn't a browser specific issue. 

The issue is only on the homepage. On all other pages the content stays fixed relative to the menu. 

Therefore I am assuming it is the slider wrapper that expands to the screen size, but I don't know the CSS tweak to set the wrapper to a max height. Is it controlled by "rev_slider_1_2_wrapper" or "tp-parallax-wrap" or "tp-mask-wrap" or "slotholder" or "mfn-main-slider" or something else completely?

• But it works fine on different screens. We did already checked on Mac Pro 15" or on Mac Book Air 13" and on both menu works fine. We do not see anything wrong. In accordance to slider, we do not use any css to control max height of the slider. Slider is controlling everything themselves.
  • Yes it works fine on smaller screens. It is when it is on larger screens that the white wrapper appears all around the slider.

You can test it by simply dragging the browser out beyond the screen. 

So you can't help me adjust this wrapper?
  • Ok. We did checked your site today on larger screens and definitely there is a blank space. But this space does not come from theme. It comes from Revolution Slider what means that you set something yourself. Please verify slider settings as it's something related with what you did.
  • Thank you for confirming that it was a slider setting issue.

I have resolved it. There was a setting "Respect Aspect Ratio" that I had switched on, which was ignoring the max height settings.
  • Great :) We're glad to see that you found the right option.