Activation breaks Wordpress

I can install revslider OK (v 5.1.1) but when I active, it creates tables in the database, but, clearly not the right versions as I then get the following errors.

PHP message: WordPress database error Unknown column 'advanced' in 'field list' for query UPDATE `wp_revslider_css` SET `settings` = '{\"translated\":5,\"type\":\"text\",\"version\":\"4\"}', `params` = '{\"font-size\":\"40px\",\"line-height\":\"40px\",\"font-weight\":\"800\",\"font-family\":\"\\\"Open Sans\\\"\",\"color\":\"rgb(255, 255, 255)\",\"text-decoration\":\"none\",\"background-color\":\"rgb(0, 0, 0)\",\"padding\":\"10px 20px 15px\",\"border-width\":\"0px\",\"border-color\":\"rgb(255, 214, 88)\",\"border-style\":\"none\"}', `hover` = 'null', `advanced` = '{\"idle\":[],\"hover\":\"\"}' WHERE `id` = '46' made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), call_user_func_array, RevSliderPluginUpdate::do_update_checks, RevSliderPluginUpdate::update_css_styles, RevSliderDB->update

There are other variations, but, the 'advanced' column seems consistent in the errors.

Can you provide the SQL to create the schema correctly, or, a working version of the theme? Included as part of BeTheme which I purchased and downloaded today. Wordpress is version 4.3.1, MySQL is 5.6.26.

Comments

• Hi,

we do not have any schema for SQL. Everything with rev slider creates automatically and because we are not plugin's authors, we do not touch slider files at all. There must be something wrong on your side definitely but it's for sure not a slider as it works fine.

Thanks!
  • Well that's not really very helpful is it.

The theme was newly downloaded, and, the slider was packaged. In addition the version you sent me doesn't work.

What do you suggest to resolve this?
  • There is nothing what we can suggest because the problem is not related with theme at all. We can only send you recent version privately if you want. For that, please send us private message via form which is on the right http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we'll send you recent version so you can remove current plugin files from FTP and upload new files via FTP only because this is the safest way to be sure that all files has been transferred properly.
  • I've done that and it still won't active. I've setup a clean WP install, trying with just the theme and just the plugin, and both  - all three methods fail.
  • Did you tried with default wp theme? If not, then try and you will see that this is not theme problem. There must be something wrong between plugin and server and only admin would be able to help you. Like we wrote above, all we can do is send you recent plugin's version.