Feature List Element Does Not Show Up Properly

I have tried the Feature List Element found in Visual Composer to create a list, and the result is that it doesn't look as good as the example found here:

What happens is that on mouseover, it cuts the text and part of the icon image, also the text is stacked, as in, each word on top of each other, instead of in a single line as can be seen on that link.

I don't seem to find an option to make it look good.

What can I do to make the Feature List element work properly?

Comments

• Hi,

maybe you used the VC item, not Muffin Builder? Our items are different than VC's. All items presented on our demo comes from Muffin Builder tool.
  • Oh, So you mean I should build my pages using Muffin Builder and not Visual Composer and that Visual Composer may not work properly?
  • Ok, now I see what the problem is, if I create a wrap that is less than 1/2 in size, then the Mouseover effect cuts the text and the icon, even on Muffin Builder. I wanted to have 4 icons per line, like in this example:

But it does not appear to be possible, how do I fix this?
  • I am trying everything to figure out how to solve this. I can't find any documentation for this feature, and now I am testing with the Columns option inside the Feature List element, it seems to do something, but this is pure trial and error without documentation to back it up.

Wish me luck
  • Apparently the smaller the number of columns, the better it looks, I have lowered it from 4 to 2, and now it looks bigger and the over effect is not so bad, but still not optimal, and the text is not displaying in a line as it should. I suspect a value of 1 for the column value would be ideal, but the minimum is 2, is there any other way to achieve this result?
  • Ok, now I get it, the item has a number of columns that can be from 2 to 6. The problem is, I can't have more than one feature list item inside the same feature list element, therefore 1 single feature list entry, occupies at least 2 spaces/columns, and up to 6 columns.

How do I include another feature inside the same element? I don't seem to find an option to do so, and I think that would solve the problem? Please? Anyone?
  • Ok, I think I figured it out by myself, I have to just copy multiple snippets of code inside of the same "Content Box".

I hope this helps anyone having the same confusion.
  • I would like to know where I can find documentation for these functions as I have found none either on:

or by Googling.

I sent a message to support, and all I got back is that I have created HTML errors on my website and that they can't help me either solve them or solve the issue with the Feature List element because of that...
  • If we wrote that you had html errors, it means you did them and there is no need to be rude. We are telling you the truth and you should understand that if you or your developer did errors, you should fix them. We are WordPress not website developers what means that we can not be responsible for your bugs and mistakes. If you don't know what is included into support, we recommend to read Item Support Policy where everything has been explained. Anyway, we did checked your site once again and looks like only one bug left what you can see on http://snag.gy/R9Biv.jpg (p tag is red color what means that somewhere before something has not been properly opened or closed). Looks like you fixed most of them, right?

In accordance to your question about "these functions" are you asking for a place where Feature List item has been described? If that's what you mean, we recommend to check Muffin Builder's sectino in the documentation where both (Muffin Builder item and shortcode) has been described.

Please also notice that VC plugin is for advanced users who prefer to build sites from scratch and knows how plugin works. But if you don't know, we recommend to use Muffin Builder tool which is much faster, easier to use and lighter.

Thanks!
  • Thanks a lot for the reply and for taking the time to explain the issue further.

I have solved the issue, but it was not related to the HTML errors at all. All I did was change what I had inserted in the Skype Field in the Social tab on the Betheme Options menu.

The problem was that I thought each box would represent one Feature List entry, and it had a minimum of two columns per object, and I was inserting only a single object, which would not work.

But I admit, it was my mistake for not being able to find the Feature List description on the documentation page, and for that I apologize, and I am thankful for your reply.

Thanks
  • We're glad to hear that all is fine and clear now :)