Back to Top button not displaying in footer

Translator Theme.  URL:  wp.cfsfireprotection.com

1. )  Regardless of setting, the Back to Top Button does not display.

2. ) On the Blog I have the "Facebook" "Twitter" and "Pinterest" Buttons, but can't find where to configure them.  The Social Buttons from the Top-Bar and Footer are FB, Twtr, G+ & YT?

3. ) I want blog posts to retain the "Category" Structure.  I have created for a SEO URL:
  a.)  Domain:     wp.cfsfireprotection.com
  b.)  Category:  Customer Reviews  - Slug:  customer-reviews
  c.)  Category:  Aptos, Ca.  - Slug:  aptos-ca
  d.)  Blog Post Slug:  fire-extinguisher-annual-inspection

I would like the blog url to be:  wp.cfsfireprotection.com/customer-reviews/aptos-ca/fire-extinguisher-annual-inspection

When you view the blog post the url changes to:  wp.cfsfireprotection.com/fire-extinguisher-annual-inspection 

Selecting the blog post by the category drop down control on a blog post, displays the url:  http://wp.cfsfireprotection.com/category/customer-reviews/aptos-ca/  (how do I remove "category" and maintain "wp.cfsfireprotection.com/cutomer-reviews/aptos-ca/fire-extingusher..."?)

Comments

• Hi,

1) Back to top button does not display because of your custom css which is under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section:
    #Footer a#back_to_top {
        display: none;
    }
    2) This is share box and for this section we used http://www.sharethis.com/ addon. There is no way to configure this box. If you want, you can only disable it.

3) It is unfortunately not possible to remove the category from links. This part of links comes with WP by default and can not be removed unfortunately.

Thanks!

• 1)  I don't see how to disable the "Sharethis.com" plugin...  ?  Is it installed? I don't see it in the plugin list?  What is the best / recommended Social Share Plugin for the Be Template?  

2)  How do I align the a#back_to_top button ( I set it to "true;" and it appeared, so I assume that was correct?) and the Email Button at the bottom right corner of the blog page as they are on top of each other...?   Click this link "Next Post" to the issue overlapping the Blogs Next Post Control.

3)  Can you use Visual Composer & MuffinBuilder to build a webpage?  If I use say the "Blog News" control from MB and build the form with VC the "Blog News" MB Control moves on the top of the VC Controls even if I move the VC section in the Edit Page Builder to the bottom?  What is the Best Practices for using both builders?

Hey, just want to say Thanks for getting back to me quickly, even though I cannot do what I want, at least I know I can't...  =D>

I look forward to your answers as I'm looking to use this template for other projects and resolving these little issues will make it much easier for me to use your templates.

THANKS!
  • 1) Share box can be disabled under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > General section.

2) How exactly you want to align "Back to top" button? To be in the same line as e-mail icon which is on the right?

3) Yes, you can use both builders at the same time. However, we do do not use VC plugin at all because in our opinion is more difficult in use, heavier and much slower. Also, VC have many weird padding/margin for items that we do not like.

Thanks!
  • 1)  I would like to add "Google+" to the ShareThis Plugin for my Blogs...  It appears that you have it coded into your Blog Control.  How do you Recommend I add Google+ to it?

2)  I want to move the "Back to top" Button to the Right and Lower it to the same height as the Email Button which I also want to move to the right so it does not cover the Blog's Photo Control (bottom right corner go to the next Blog Post) on the right as well...  Maybe moving the Blog Contol Up would also help the Control Stacking  issue...  What do you recommend?  for now I moved the Back to Top Button to the Center (it makes the Copyright Footer too tall...), until I can adjust its location on the right as I would like it to appear on the scroll, but just in a slightly different location.  Maybe, it is just a CSS adjustment that we can do?  Yes?

3) Understand your reasons, but if I did use VC and MuffinBuilder, how do I control which one the Page Goes to first?  Currently, if I us the VC for any control, the page seems to auto scroll to the VC Components even though they are at the bottom of the page below the MuffinBuilder???

THANKS!
  • 1) http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/206/add-google-to-the-share-box

2) Please show us on screenshot how this exactly supposed to look like because we want to avoid confuse.

3) Under Theme options > Global > Advanced section you can choose which builder should goes first.