Lost My Customizations! Where is "Custom CSS" Saved?

I don't know how, but I lost my customizations for my theme!

I have the theme backed up.

Where can I find the custom CSS files? 
In which folder/file do site wide Custom CSS (saved from Be Theme Options) save to?

Please help!!!

Comments

• Hi,

if you mean global css, it's under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section. However, if you lost them somehow, you should contact with your admin and ask if he can backup your site to the time when everything was fine.

Thanks!
  • I've backed up, so that's fine. But can you tell me what file (i.e. using file manager and navigating to the file) they are saved to? Just like this case, I didn't have to backup the entire site. I just needed to get the CSS.

Thank you
  • Like we wrote above, custom css's are stored under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section
  • Thanks for your response.

I'm not referring to the WP backend interface. I'm talking about theme files.. (i.e. wp-themefile.css or php).

Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS is empty for me.

I don't want to backup the entire site, it will take too much time.
    Instead I want to find the file where "Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS" is saved to. 

I just want to find the file and copy and paste it in to my existing install.

Please let me know if you're still unclear.

Thanks,

Keith
  • The content from Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section is saved in the database but you won't be able to get these settings because theme settings are encoded to be safe. If this would help you somehow, it's wp_options table in the database.
  • Having recently experienced something I would advise the following:

1. Be sure you use the export tool to backup your theme changes when you make any significant changes.

2. In the event you want to revert, run up a second install of wordpress with betheme (or create a child theme) and import the theme changes to it

3. Then you can copy (and paste for CSS) any changes that you wish to restore or retrieve.

Another good thing to do if it appears your CSS changes are not taking, is to run your CSS through the CSS validator. Any errors that appear may be causing some changes (randomly) to not work. (also good for ensuring you have valid CSS).

Hope this helps someone out there!

Regards,

Tim
  • my site name is https://www.successpoint.ae my all custom styles are missing why? Just I have updated. Now my all works smashed. How can I get back again? Please tell me.
  • Really become very upset. This is the first experience of my life that I am using third party premium theme. Not an issue I will remember this one. I will develop my own theme in the next time. If I get back my whole hard work then its ok otherwise this will be my life's first experience. I really become very upset.
  • mysuccesspointuae,
    Betheme does not delete any data by itself, because all of them are stored in database.
    If you want to get your data back you must contact your hosting provider to restore your website before that issue happend.

Thanks