How to update?

Sorry guys,

But i'm used to have an update button at my theme section. But is it so, that I have to re-install every time BeTheme is updated?
Seems weird to me. (I work with a child theme, hope it connects to the updated file)

Please tell me. I have version 10.1 installed now, but want to update since I use a centered header section that doesn't work to great in this version.

Comments

• Hey,

no, there is no need to re-install theme every time we deliver new version. It is only for those who are waiting for features that they need. Otherwise, you don't need to update theme.

• ? I want to update as You guys told me to, since there was a big problem with the centered stack header.
    I read I have to do it by FTP, is that right?
  • Aaargh. I updated nut it is still so, that if you scroll down, the menu bar is not good! It doesn't get to the whole width, it leaves a space between header & menu, ... can you please inform us how to fix this?
  • Please help, I cannot get it done. It's ugly this way.

I noticed some custom CSS:
    #Header .menu > li { display: inline-block; float: none;}
    #Top_bar .menu_wrapper { text-align: center; width: 100%; }
    #Top_bar .top_bar_left { width: 100% !important; }
    .header-stack #Top_bar .top_bar_right { display: none; }

If I remove this, the stack isn't centered anymore. But it seems we should change something of this code (?). And I do not know, why the logo transparency isn't 100% but it overprints at the background..
  • We did checked your site and as we see, you are using custom css for header. Please remove custom css from Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section which is responsible for header and then check.
  • Ok, thanks I removed a bit of your custom CSS (that came with this theme-data), but now when I scroll down the menu isn't centered anymore. It IS centered in the landing situation, but if you scroll down and the header/menu bar gets smaller, the menu is stacked left.
    Where can I change this?
  • You supposed to remove lines one by one and check which one is the problem. So please paste this css into that section once again and remove lines one by one so you can know which one is the culprit.
  • ? ok, removing the line:
    #Top_bar .menu_wrapper { text-align: center; width: 100%; }
    does the job that the menu isn't floating under the header with no full width anymore.
    (when you scroll down)

But, again, if I remove that the menu is situated to the left, where I want it to stay in the center...
    Please help.
  • For your info: the custom css is now:

#Top_bar .menu > li > a:after { top: auto; bottom: 0px; }
    #Header .menu > li { display: inline-block; float: none;}
    #Top_bar .menu_wrapper { text-align: center; }
    #Top_bar .top_bar_left { width: 100%; }
    .header-stack #Top_bar .top_bar_right { display: none; }

Can I set something different for the menu in the top bar to come to the center?
  • Ok. So that line was the culprit. So now, please tell us what exactly you want to do. You want to center menu in both (regular & sticky) headers?
  • Yeah, 
    a) I want it centered if we scroll down and the menu comes at the upper part (is that sticky?)
    and
    b) If at the top (sticky), the part of the grey area with the logo and to the right of the menu suddenly becomes transparant. Don't know why.
  • edited December 2015
    a) Yes, that is sticky header. It is not possible to center menu items in that header properly because there is a logo on the left side. What you can only do is make it kind of center with below css:
    #Top_bar.is-sticky .menu_wrapper { width: 70% !important; }
    b) But this one can be sorted with custom css only:
    #Top_bar.is-sticky {
        background: #3b3c3e !important;
    }

#Header .top_bar_left, .header-classic #Top_bar, .header-plain #Top_bar, .header-stack #Top_bar, .header-split #Top_bar, .header-fixed #Top_bar, .header-below #Top_bar, #Header_creative, #Top_bar #menu {
        background-color: transparent !important;
    }
  • Thanks! 
    Another question, if you're not angry already ...
    Can you control : 
    a) WHEN the menu becomes a mobile menu (with the three lines) as this is already happening very soon, even at tablet size now, ...
    b) THE PLACEMENT of this mobile menu (three lines)? As this is now at the right of the logo where UNDER the logo (in the middle) would be more appropriate...

Please let me know if this is possible. Still the same website (http://fysiotherapie.bpr.nu)
  • a) Yes, you can control this with Responsive Menu Initial width option under Theme options > Responsive section.

b) This is unfortunately not possible.
  • b) even not with custom css?
  • Even with custom css.