Whole Site Gone

edited December 2015 in Theme support

Hi

Big Problem

From one Moment to the other the site was gone. I put a backup back but I cannot Login and the site isn't showing anymore.

Why?

http://www.saenger.ch/wordpress/index.php

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards

Deean

Comments

• Hi,

your site can not be loaded. Just keeps loading and nothing happen. Looks like the problem with with your server.
  • Hi

The Site is back but only because my Provider gave me an earlier backup.
    The Problem was the SQL Database that was destroyed somehow.

The Problem is now that some of the created sites are gone.

My question now is:

If I have a local wordpress betheme Site from a later version. How can I view a Site that I dont want to put online. Where is the Content of the site?

(with this Option I could copy paste some of the Content I lost because of the earlier update).

Thank you for your Response

Kind regards

Deean

• Great, we are glad to hear that your provider was able to backup your site. However, we do not understand your question. What exactly you are looking for? It's completely incomprehensible for us.
  • I still have the Version that is newer but doesnt function anymore. Somewhere there should be the Content of the newer site. If I have all the data from a wordpress/betheme site but cannot Access it through my Webbrowser but have all the files, where can i find the Content (e.g. colums on a single wordpress/betheme site) in those files?

For Example earlier when I created a Website I could manage every single html site with Dreamweaver. Where is the data now. The data the Content I wrote?

I hope now you understand better what I mean.

Many thanks for your answer

Kind regards

Deean

• PS: In other words: If I write something with your Editor, where is the data stored? In which files? In the wp-Content Folder? or where?

• What means that you are unable to access to your site through web browser? Do you have any error or what? Because we completely don't get it. The link you sent above works fine and we do not see anything wrong. Sorry but we still don't understand what data and content you mean.

If this would help somehow, whole data (settings, content, etc) is stored in the database on your server. We do not keep such stuff in files obviously. Everything is stored in the DATABASE.
  • edited December 2015

Many thanks.

The answer: Everything is stored in the DATABASE was the answer I was looking for.
    I found the Content I wrote in the "newer" database and could paste it in the current site.

Kind regards

Deean

• We thought that it was clear. That's why it was so confusing for us. Glad to know that was it :)