Contents of style.php and style-color.php into style-static.css (For CHILD theme)

edited December 2015 in Theme support
I'm following the instructions on Betheme's documentation (http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/) found under 14. Static CSS / Page speed. Couple of questions:

1) Betheme child doesn't have style.php, style-color.php, or style-static.css. 
Should i make copies of these files from the  parent theme and put the copies in the child theme's directory?

2) The 1st instruction states: "get & copy the entire content from both into style-static.css".... 
My question  here is: style.php and style-color.php both contain php code....should i copy the php code into style-static.css as well? (php in a css file?).

3) Depending on your answer to 2), should copy the content and paste it into style-static.css, or should i cut the content and paste it into style-static.css?

4) Finally, if i go to the BeTheme options > Global > Advanced section and turn ON the Static CSS button, and then change my mind and decide that I want the site as it was before turned on the Static CSS button, can i just turn off the static css button and the site will be as it was before?

Comments

• Hi,

1) We do not use dynamic css anymore. So files like style-colors.php or style.php do no longer exist.

2) Did you read the instructions carefully? Because if you look at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#static-css you will see the following message:

After having finished your website, open YOUR style.php and style-colors.php files in your web browser.

what means that we do not meant PHP content but the result of those files. However, like we wrote, those files does not exist so if you use new theme version, you supposed to read what we wrote after UPDATE!!! part.

3) Content should be pasted into static.css but since we do not use dynamic css no longer, static css won't speed up your site because now we are loading all styles in header.

4) Yes, you can only switch the button OFF and the site would be the same as before.
  • Understood, thank you.

Well, i think it's best that I upgrade to the latest of Betheme now!...just a quick question about that:  

I'm using BeTheme-Child (which was included in the downloaded zip file when i first downloaded the product from themeforest), so can I just download betheme.zip and upload that?...will it be fine to use latest version of parent theme with original child theme?
  • Yes, you can download and update only parent theme of course.