Can I eliminate the 'header?"

I think it is the header.

when the page loads, thee is a white bar with a menu. I think that is the header. As soon as you scroll, there is a 'sticky' menu. It uses the 'dark' option and is always there, somewhat transparent. Can I make it more transparent

More specifically, can I also get rid to the white menu and only/always have the dark transparent.

I hope I'm using the correct terms.

Comments

• Hi,

the url you sent above, does not work unfortunately. Site keeps loading and after few minutes nothing happens. Just still keeps loading.
  • weird. It is hosted by GoDaddy. I have had that problem, I can reload, but GoDaddy tell me there is no issue.
  • sometimes. even with the large slider it loads very fast.
  • Ok, now it works. Probably it was temporary problem with connection.

So to make the sticky header more transparent, you supposed to use the following css:
    .sticky-dark #Top_bar.is-sticky { background: rgba(0,0,0,0.6) !important; }
    However, current header style can not be transparent. If you want to get transparent header, you supposed to select Transparent header style under Theme options > Header & Subheader > Header section.
  • OK, I may be calling things by the wrong name. I would like to completely get rid of the white header, and only have the dark, semi-translucent header. I think they each have different names.

The white header loads at the beginning and is replaced by the dark when the visitor starts to scroll.

Like I said, I'm not sure what they are called. I know I can make the white transparent, but then I still have the name and menu bars (they probably have a name as well).

Thanks. 

• The first one is called "main header" but the second that appear on scroll is called "sticky header". So if you want to remove main header only but keep sticky one, you can use below css:
    #Top_bar:not(.is-sticky) { display: none !important; }
  • This works perfectly on pages, but is there a way to also make this change on portfolio changes? The follow-up will likely add blog posts.

Also, at http://klad.com there is a portfolio on the main page using the Muffin builder options. When the page loads, the images appear in b/w. when mouse over, they change to color. If you click to go to one of those pages (there are two right now) and then return to the homepage, the b/w versions do not appear. mousing over reveals the color. This is corrected when the page is reloaded, but it does not seem to be the desired results.
  • The css we gave you above, works on all pages. It is not limited to pages only. Maybe you pasted it in the wrong place. Did you pasted the css we gave you under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section? We bet you don't if it does not work on portfolio pages.

In reference to 2nd question, we do not see any b/w images. All are colorful.
  • now I have<g>. Happy Holidays!
  • Thank you and Merry Christmas too :)
  • you as well. Hope your holiday was terrific!