Year tag

Hello is there a way to add <?php echo date("Y"); ?> tag in the footer in order that the current year at the copyright is always accurate? If not, is there a tag that I can add that will work for this purpose? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Everything is possible if you now coding, but in reference to Item Support Policy, files customization are not included. So if you want to edit files, you need to do it yourself under footer.php file or contact with your web developer if you don't know how and where.
  • Great just did it Thanks!!!!!
  • Here is how I got it.

<div class="copyright">
    © <?php echo date("Y"); ?> Duarok Travel. All Rights Reserved. 
    </div>
  • So, the only way to get an accurate year in the copyright string is to edit footer.php? Is there nothing that can be done in the BeTheme Options -> Footer -> Copyright field to put a dynamic year in? So next time I install a BeTheme update, it overwrites my customized footer.php?
  • @GStringham So far there is no other way to set dynamic year. For footer, we need to use wp_footer() function on which we do not have any impact.
  • Putting the following into the custom Footer text works, but there are some issues with inputting javascript directly into the Theme Options page.  It needs to be re-input every save of the particular page.

&copy; 2017 - <script type="text/javascript">document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script> [BUSINESS]. All Rights Reserved.
  • edited March 2018
    Create a shortcode, add this directly to html: [footer_year]

And put this in functions.php:

add_shortcode('footer_year', function(){
        echo '&copy; Copyright ' . date('Y');
    });
  • edited May 2021

You can use a plugin such as Code Snippets to add your code to. It'll run, and you don't have to edit the actual theme.