Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Be|theme demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
3. If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

IMPORTANT!!! Along with your inquiry, please attach the address of the page which concerns the question. This will cause the time to answer on your question will be much shorter. If you do not want to publish your address publicly in the forum, please send a private message. Thanks!

including Geo meta tags in BeTheme

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to include Geo meta tags in the <head> section without changing a source file?

Bing and Yahoo use this information to locate a business (in my case a Hotel and Restaurant)
<meta name="geo.region" content="UG-405" />
<meta name="geo.placename" content="Fort Portal" />
<meta name="geo.position" content="0.653767;30.278303" />
<meta name="ICBM" content="0.653767, 30.278303" />

Regards,
Michel

Comments

• Please sign in to see answear!
  • Hi,

To implement the geo tags means I have to use the child-theme in order to avoid losing the code after an update?

Maybe in a future release you can implement a "Hook" that executes after the opening the <head> tag?

Regards,
    btw theme and support rocks!  
  • Hi,

Solved my geo meta tag question, wordpress provides a hook to the head:

1. installed child theme
    2. changed functions.php in child theme by adding the following at the end of the file:

add_action('wp_head', 'geo_tags_function');
    function geo_tags_function() {
    echo ' HTML tags go here ';
    }

Regards

• The hooks I've seen, however there is no hook that leads to the <head> section, and that was my suggestion to implement this in future releases.

• Still no hook that leads to the head section?
  • I would appreciate some help in adding geo meta tags. We are using a BeTheme child theme but mfkroon's instructions went over my newbie head. Is someone able to walk me through the process, step-by-step? Thank you!
  • edited September 6
    Thank you, Pablo.  I thought geo meta tags needed to go in the <head> section, however, as mfkroon mentioned, there still is no hook that leads to the <head> section.  Therefore, my question is, where exactly should I be placing the geo tags OR mfkroon's code shown above?

When I use the editor to open the header.php file for our child template, I see the following code in the meta section (shown below). Could I possibly place a do_action shown in red below? Thank you in advance!

<meta charset="<?php bloginfo( 'charset' ); ?>" />
    <?php 
    if( mfn_opts_get('responsive') ){
    if( mfn_opts_get('responsive-zoom') ){
    echo '<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">';
    } else {
    echo '<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">';
    }

}
    ?>

<?php do_action('wp_seo'); ?>

<?php do_action('geo_tags_function');
    function geo_tags_function() {
    echo '<meta name="geo.region" content="XXX" />';
    echo '<meta name="geo.placename" content="XXX" />';
    echo '<meta name="geo.position" content="XXX" />';
    echo '<meta name="ICBM" content="XXX" />';
    }
    ?>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php mfn_opts_show( 'favicon-img', THEME_URI .'/images/favicon.ico' ); ?>" />
    <?php if( mfn_opts_get('apple-touch-icon') ): ?>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="<?php mfn_opts_show( 'apple-touch-icon' ); ?>" />
    <?php endif; ?>
  • Follow up comment to the one above:
    I couldn't get the action to work, so I removed it completely and used the echo function only. Works now. What would be the advantage to using a do_action (or add_action) call?