Unable to install BeTheme

Hello,

I am new with wordpress and maybe I am doing something the wrong way....
I am trying to install the BeTheme in my wordpress and it does not work. At first I uploaded it through the dashboard -> themes -> add new ->browse and I uploaded the .zip file. It does not show in my themes. Then I uploaded it directly in the ftp "wp-content" folder. Still. It does not show in my themes. What can I do? Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

do you have any error while installation? What is the file name you were trying to upload? And for sure, you can not upload .zip files thru FTP because files on FTP must be unpacked.
  • Thank you for your response! I managed to upload BeTheme correctly....! Now I am having problems when I am trying to upload a layout from the demo layouts...
  • I have successfully installed the BeTheme and I am very excited!
    However, I cannot install a demo theme... I cannot import a layout from
    demo data. I get an error message "File not found
    Firefox can't find the file at http://www.test-theme.gr/wp-admin/themes.php?page=mfn_import.
        Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
        Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted."
    Does
    anyone know what the problem might be, or if there is another way to
    upload a layout? If I use ftp, in which folder should I place the theme
    layout...?
    Thank you!
  • Please show us on screenshot how this error looks like as first time we hear about something like that.
  • Hi Guys, i can't install BeTheme. every time when i would upload it on wordpress it don't be succesfully.

• edited September 2016
    I am having the same problem.  I am trying to install the "wordpress file only" to my wordpress.  It appears as if it is installing but I get a message "    Then I get a message asking me if I am sure I want to do this.  Then there is a try again link.

• @TeamNarex Please describe your problem.

@Tripper This message says that you can not install theme thru the WP default importer because of the limits on server side. It’s probably because of upload_max_filesize. There is few ways to install your theme then:

- You need to contact with your admin and ask him to increase those limits for you so you can install theme via default importer
    - You can install betheme-small-no-plugins.zip file instead which is much lighter because does not contain plugins
    - You can unzip default betheme.zip file and upload betheme folder with all theme files via FTP into /wp-content/ folder.