Site Speed

1st I love BeTheme. I use it on 90% of my sites 
BUT
they all load slow. On Average over 5 seconds.
This is of course with decent hosting from various providers. So it is not the hosting. 
Of course I have tried cache plugin and all, nothing seems to speed it up
I even notice that some of the theme examples you all host run slightly slow according to GTMetrics

Are you all going to lighten it up so it will load faster since Google is moving to the AMP and speed is important to rankings?

Thanks
Lucian

Comments

• Hi Lucian,

theme is already as fast as it was only possible. As you can see on http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/bopNQI/http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/ theme loads in less about 2 seconds what is very good result if you see all these plugins like Revolution Slider, CF7, slider items, full hd images included. Please understand there is nothing else what we can do to speed it up. It's already as fast as it's possible. The only way to speed it up would be not using any extra plugins, codes to Google Analytics and other services, no images, etc.

In reference to AMP, it won't be possible to make it work with theme. There is to much plugins and features included already that are not compatible with AMP.

Thanks!
  • I've never heard of pingdom. Thank you very much for informing me, I will be using it now to compare my sites. What I'm most worry about is mobile speed, being that the majority of web traffic is mobile. Google does take in consideration site speed from mobile rankings and mobile speed. According to GTMetrics, the page speed of the URL you gave me takes 12 seconds to load. The average speed of websites is 5 seconds. 

Also, within Google's developers page speed that you provided gave a 68/100. We are just looking at mobile speed. My main concern is on mobile speed, being that's where the internet is heading. And being that BeTheme runs really slow via mobile. 

Here is the link to the results

• Yes, we know what the result is but there is nothing what we can do in this case because it's not possible to provide different version for mobile and different for desktop. If you want to decrease load speed, you can remove all plugins, images and just leave plain text without any features. In reference to tools like GTmetrix, the best version of mobile site is just plain html with plain text. Only that version would have better scores.