Betheme with YOAST Seo - Title tag

Hi,

on my website, the name of the site is added to the title as wanted but not with a space in between.

Yoast Support is saying, that my theme (Betheme) would not support the title tag as requested by wordpress by version 4.1
https://codex.wordpress.org/Title_Tag

The thing is, I want to have a solution for this and not be forwarded from one site to another and backwards again.
Currently I think you are responsible for this issue.

What do you suggest to do to solve this problem?

Comments

• Hi,

that is very interesting what you say. If you are sure that we are responsible for this issue, then maybe you will explain how can we be responsible for the Title which is default WP's field (we mean Site Title which is located under Settings > General section because we are pretty sure this is the tag you probably mean).
  • The Title is added to the url BUT without the needed space and/or seperator.

Instead of asking rhetorical questions, would you please give me a solution for this?!
  • You did not replied on our question so how can we know what is wrong? Does title come from Settings > General section as we mentioned above?
  • We have the same problem. At the end of every title tag,  the sitename is published. How can we turn this off?
  • @iVendo Did you checked site title under Settings > General section? It should be empty if you use external plugin like Yoast. Also, please turn off built-in SEO fields under Theme options > SEO section.
  • This is what YOAST says about BETHEME title issue:

Hi Joachim B.,

If your theme is compatible with WordPress 4.1 and newer, it should declare
    theme support for the title-tag. We know your theme does not declare support for this
    tag because you have the "Force rewrite titles" option which is only
    visible when your theme doesn't support this tag. Since you've already tried
    the 'Force rewrite titles' option, the next step is to either switch to a
    default theme like Twenty Sixteen or replace the title code in your theme (the
    entire circled portion in the provided screenshot) with the following title
    call: <title><?php wp_title(''); ?></title>

The issue IS a problem of Betheme.

Please solve this issue. I dont want to make manual changes in PHP files. If Betheme does NOT follow WP rules, then please communicate this.

AND, please do NOT write on the BETHEME site, that BETHEME is compatible with YOAST, which it is currently NOT!!!

STOP playing rhetorical games and provide a clean solution INSTEAD!!!

Thanx in advance!!!
  • @jba1969 This is first time when we get such message from Yoast author. When we spoke with the author in the past, we get the information that all is fine and there is no need to change anything. But if something has changed, we will sort it out with next theme update of course and we will do it exactly the way as it has been described above.
  • How long does it take to make the changes?
  • i am also having issues with yoast seo and duplicate title tags. Will the theme update fix that as well?
  • @kbasanti This Friday will be sorted what has been described above. But the titles may be duplicated if you did not turned off built-in seo fields under Theme options > SEO section or you got same title set under Settings > General section.