Breadcrumbs for Shop appear under Blogpost page.

edited March 2016 in WooCommerce
Hello, 

Yesterday I downloaded a plugin that I decided to eliminate in the end because it wasn't giving me what I wanted, but I think it has created some changes that I don't know how to bring back. 

One of them is the Breadcrumbs:

I just realized that the Breadcrumbs for my Shop ( Gallery) are shown under the Magazine ( post page). 

This was not like that before, but for some reason now its showing that the shop is under Magazine... can you please advise where i can change this back?

The Gallery Page ( shop) is not set to have any parent, so I don't really understand why this is happening. Any help please?

Here is the link: 
http://www.offcyclers.com/gallery-category/all/

P.S: The first solution I did was hiding the first child of the Breadcrumbs, I had used the following CSS
#Subheader ul.breadcrumbs li:first-child {display: none;}

and it was working perfectly, but now it doesn't.... So i guess my problem is just Changing the name of that first child. please help! 

Comments

• following the thread, its actually happening in all my pages... i dont understand why. 

here is an example: 
    http://www.offcyclers.com/ateliers/dvelas/
  • Hi,

please show us on screenshot which part of breadcrumbs you want to remove exactly.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I want to figure out why its appearing under Magazine ( blog post page). I'm just worried its showing as if all the parent directories ( "Magazine", "Ateliers" and "Gallery" are part of "Magazine", but they are not. They are completely different and independent sections. 

Below you can see the screenshots. 

So what i would like to do as possible solutions is the following: 

1. change that "Magazine" of the first child ( the one on the left) to say "Offcyclers" 
    2. if that is not possible, I would like to understand why its showing "Magazine" as the first child
    3. If that is not possible either ( which i doubt) I would like to hide it. 

below you can see the screenshots of what i mean! 

imageimageimage

• As we can see, the css you left above, works fine. The problem is that you did errors in custom css section and that's why any css under the place where you did mistake, does not work. We suggest to move above css on 1st place to see the difference.

BTW Magazine is a part of breadcrumbs because your homepage is called Magazine. Breadcrumbs always starts from the homepage.
  • Hi, 

thanks, will look into the CSS and let you know

BUT

My homepage is NOT called Magazine... that is why I don't understand this problem, unless their is another way of changing the name I have checked in the Betheme Options, checked under SEttings>reading and under  Appearance>customize. 

In none of them the Homepage is set to be Magazine. Even if you look at the Page listing, it clearly shows how Magazine is NOT the front page. 

Is there any other place where I should change that?? Please help! 

imageimage
  • Hey @muffingroup

I changed the CSS and put it at the top ( to hide first child of breadcrumbs) and it worked perfectly- THANKS! 

Nonetheless, can you maybe let me know where I can make sure that the website understands that "Magazine" is not the homepage? I've tried changing it everywhere, re-changing it and re-saving it...but it still seems to think that. 

Thanks a lot! 

-Diego from Offcyclers
  • The only place where you can change homepage is Settings > Reading section what you presented above. There is no other section where you can set homepage.
  • Any idea why its taking then the Magazine as the homepage? 

how can i change that? 

thanks in advance! you've been always of great help! 
  • Please send us private message with dashboard access and we will have a look on it.