minor modifications

edited October 2014 in Theme support
hi there,
i've been working on the BE theme and have some questions, i'd really appreciate if you can help me out.

1. how to hide the "search icon" on mobile view? (it shows up under the logo and menu icon)

2. how to change header height on mobile and tablet. (already changed it on desktop view using this: body:not(.template-slider) #Header {min-height: 150px;} )

3. back to top button - i'd like to hide the whole copyright section, but when i do, the button disappears along with it... i need this button. please advise how to get it to show up in the footer section or somewhere else instead, thanks.

4. what is "Layouts" on WP Dashboard left menu (under "Offer") and how does it work?  i can't find this information on your documentation page. http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/

5. how to change the + icon color in submenu?

ps: i'm not a coding expert, please send easy instructions, thank you.

awaiting your response.

thanks!

Comments

• Hey,

1. This can be done in Theme options > Layout > Header section.

2. For that you must play with below css`s:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) { /* code for header height */ }

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) { /* code for header height */ }
    3. If you will hide footer, then button will disappear also. The only way to do that is hide only copytight text with below css:
    #Footer .footer_copy .copyright { display: none; }
    4. Some more informations about that you can read at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/features/layouts-configurator and http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/365/changing-subheader-image-per-page

Basically it allow to create different layouts and then while page creation, you can choose if you want to use one of created layouts or maybe default one. This can be selected in "Page options" section.

5. Where do you have + icon in submenu? Because we don`t see any.
  • edited October 2014
    hi there, 

thanks for the quick response.

1. i don't want to hide the search icon on "desktop" or "tablet" version, just want to hide it on "mobile" version, because it takes up a whole row all by itself and it doesn't look very nice... is this possible?

2. is this correct? it's not working... 
    please help, thanks

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) { body:not(.template-slider) #Header {min-height: 50px;} !important;}
    @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) { body:not(.template-slider) #Header {min-height: 150px;} !important;}

5. the + icon only shows up on tablet and mobile version. it's in the dropdown menu.

sorry one more:

6. how can i remove the \\\\ pattern in the tooltip box that comes out when you hover over the language box? 

thanks a bunch!

• 1. Do you want to hide just icon or whole top bar on mobile because it is difference. Please maybe send us url to your website and we`ll have a look on it.

2. No, this is not correct. Correct will be:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) { body:not(.template-slider) #Header {min-height: 50px !important;} }
    @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) { body:not(.template-slider) #Header {min-height: 150px !important;} }
    5. This is an image so you must replace current image on FTP with your own. Image is in betheme/images/menu-plus.png folder.

6. For that please use below css:
    .tooltip:hover:after, .tooltip.hover:after { background-image: none !important; }
  • http://realgreen.smerwick.com.tw/dev/

1. i just realized that the language icon will be on the same row as the search icon on mobile view... i'd have to hide the whole row, which is not a very good idea. so i'll leave it as it is. 
    thanks again!

2. thank you for this!  it's working now :)

• edited October 2014
    hello again!

i was wondering if you could help me with the codes for making the "languages flags" in header be displayed on the same row instead of 2, and not having a "dropdown list" ?
    (for all mediums please: desktop, sticky menu, tablet and mobile)

thanks in advance.
  • Sorry but we do not offer those kind of modifications. In this case you should contact with your website developer or hire someone from Envato Studio.

Thanks for understanding!
  • thanks anyway!
  • hi,

i just updated the BE theme, and it seems that the latest version has a problem.

i've been trying to add some content into a "tab" and every time i'd enter the text, i'd click on the "save changes" button, but it won't save anything at all, it just wipes out everything i just added.
    i've repeated this process many times over, same result. nothing is registering. 

this problem wasn't there before, i was able to add quite a lot of content into many tabs, as you can see here: http://realgreen.smerwick.com.tw/dev/where-to-buy/

please help. thanks!
  • In this case you must contact with hosting provider. We described it at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1650/page-options-don-t-save
  • hello,

so we have increased the max_input_vars variables to 3000, and things are registering now.
    thanks.

i thought that by doing that, perhaps it would've helped me with my other problem, the very very slow wordpress dashboard and front-end. but it didn't...

at first i thought it was my internet connection, but i have checked with my provider and tested on other wp sites, none of them has this issue.
    i also checked my ftp, it's actually super fast.

so the conclusion is, it's caused by the theme. 

i've had this problem from day one. the pages would take forever to update, sometimes the pages won't even load properly or just freeze... 

i'd really appreciate if you could tell me how i can fix this problem or at least make things go faster?  
    it's too late down the road, i can't switch to another theme at this time, so please help, thanks.

my hosting provider told me to ask you for "optimized php.ini variables" so we can speed up the theme...?
    i have no idea what this is or whether it's going to help or not.

please help. thanks!

• Our theme has been fully optimized so we don`t know what else could be the problem. And to be honest we have no idea why your dashboard is loading slow. We have many different websites based on Be and we did not noticed anything similar. Maybe try to deactivate plugins because we don`t have other idea what to do.

Thanks for understanding!