Changing Font/Icon Colours Outside Theme Options

Hello,

I've had a request to change the font colours on a site I'm creating: http://www.giraffecoaching.co.uk.

I would like to have different font colours depending on what colour background I have. Now I've tried using different Headings but this is quite clunky and I find that they tend to get mixed up, especially with the different font styles. Is there a way to change the colour outside of this? I'm assuming this will be something to do with CSS, but I don't know much of it just yet! (trying to learn though!). Also is there a way to do the same for icons?

Comments

• Hi,

to change text colors per sections, you need to set class name or ID per sections and then control colors with css. For the first section, you set welcome ID so in reference to that ID, you can use the following css to change it's color:
    #welcome { color: #FFF !important; }
  • Thank you, this has really helped!

Is there anyway to do this to icons as well? I have a set of icons in different sections, one on a green background and the other on white. The ones on green I'd like to have white, is this possible?
  • For the icons, you can try to use the following css:
    #welcome i { color: #FFF !important; }