No page options for third party post types

Hello, 

we have a big problem. I Installed a plugin called encyclopedia http://dennishoppe.de/wordpress-plugins/encyclopedia

But the page options are not shown in the new post type and thus we can not set 
any sidebar! 

this is not well thought:( 

thank you for helping!
Malte

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but we did never tested this plugin and we have no idea what might be the reason.

Thanks!
  • Hello, 

but why don't your page options appear on other post types in general? I mean it's also not working for other post types like "clients" which are delivered with your theme. 

So from that point of view I would judge your answer as a bad excuse;) 

all the best, 
    Malte
  • Page options concerns pages only and that's why supposed to work on pages only. Client is not a page and that's why does not have "Page options" section.
  • fine, so all other Plugins which bring extra content types can NOT HAVE A SIDEBAR? 
    You are kidding me? 

• No, we are not kidding at all. Any plugin we recommend or include into theme got a sidebar but we can not add the sidebars for any plugin available in the world. Adding sidebars for plugins requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact with your web developer.

Thanks for understanding!