Muffin Builder in Custom Post Types

Hi,
I want to add my custom post types to muffin builder options for BeTheme. I can't read the responses to this thread but does this Brandon theme solution also work for BeTheme?
http://forum.muffingroup.com/brandon/discussion/594/muffin-builder-in-custom-post-types/p1

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

no, this is not the solution. Brandon is a totally different theme. For more details about custom post types, we suggest to check https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types and http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/4827/adding-custom-post-type but please notice that we do not offer files customization so if you want to work with custom post types and don't know how, we recommend to contact with your web developer.

P.S. We suggest to check our custom post types that are located under includes/ folder.

Thanks!
  • I'm all set with creating the custom post types but I'd like to add the option into your existing Muffin Content Builder. 

I think I found it in /functions/builder/back.php and /functions/theme-shortcodes.php.

I don't think I can get it to work in my child theme so I'll probably hold off. Might be a nice feature for a future release.

Thanks

• Yes, this is true. For all item/shortcodes is responsible functions/theme-shortcodes.php file.
  • A little more direction on this topic would be helpful. You say you do not offer file customization (any more - you used to) but at least offering advice for people who know how to customize files would be helpful.

Other page builders offer a one-click option to enable Page Builder on custom post types, why not Muffin Builder?

• Hello,
    we never offered theme files customization, only simple custom css.
    Our staff is not trained to handle PHP file modifications and our policy clearly states that we cannot modify theme files.
    These rules are set by envato.

We do contact the developers and ask them which file is responsible, but this is the most we can do.
    thanks
  • edited April 2019
    Unsatisfactory answer to say the least.  Is this really how you want to treat your customers?  

I will ask the question again and hope someone will respond with adequate direction.

What changes and in what files are needed to allow muffin builder post-driven elements such as "Blog" to work with a custom post type? 
  • brandonmorgan

Support for our items includes:

• Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
    • Fixing bugs and reported issues
    • Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new WordPress versions
    Sorry, but the theme/wordpress/plugin file customization in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed.
    So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer.
    Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item
    beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the
    item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item
    to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to
    see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out
    the great service providers on Envato Studio

But, if you want to edit the single-post template in files, you fill find it in the main directory of the betheme, it's the single.php file.
    This file should direct you to other features used there.
    Also, our main blog page use a lot of WordPress basic functionalities, so you have to edit the WP files either to add new functionality.
    thanks
  • Has anyone found luck with this?

I am trying to create a Custom Post Type and would like to use Muffin Builder on this custom post type. WPBakery Page Builder has an option to enable Post Types wherever you need them. Incase, of muffin builder there is no such option and neither there is any support or direction from the theme author
  • Well, we do not help with the theme code customizations, but surely you should take a look at the builder directory, which is inside the functions directory.

After investigating the code, you should recognize, how to render the builder functionality.
    Also, please be familiar with Child Theme configuration

Thanks
  • Thank you for the direction. Appretiated!