BeTheme Extreme - Change Default Sub-Header Image

How do I change the default subheader image for NEW BLOG POSTS?  Modifying "Header > Subheader > Background > Image" remove all featured images from posts and pages and replaces them with the following image (/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/home_extreme_subheader1.jpg)... I just need to change the image that is the default for new posts.

Comments

• Hi,

we are sorry but it is not possible unfortunately.

Thanks!
  • edited May 2016
    I'm confused... How can it not be possible to change the default feature image for a post?

Are you telling me that anyone that selects to use the "BeTheme Extreme" demo data is stuck with army men as their subheader on every single blog post?
  • Sorry but my college misunderstood your question. Of course it is possible to change this image. It's header's background which can be edited under Theme options > Header & Subheader > Header section.
  • The problem with this solution is it overwrites the feature image for every Post AND Page.  I obviously can't have this happen, as we don't want the same image on each page.... I just want to change the DEFAULT (nothing specified) image to something that is relavent to our industry (army men is not).

Thank you for your assistance!
  • So if you want to change this background for specific pages, you need to use Featured Image option which is on the right hand side while you edit pages.
  • I know how to change the Featured Image in pages - I want to change the DEFAULT subheader image on POSTS.  It currently defaults to the "army men" pic (http://i.imgur.com/wAFlpNh.png), which is totally unrelated to our industry.  

I understand that this image can be replaced in each post by modifying "Header Image" in Media (Post > MEDIA > Header Image) - but there is a chance that one of our posters will forget to do this... If this happens, we can't have army men featured on our page.  

I either need to know how to: 

Change the image that is defaulted to if Post > MEDIA > Header Image isn't populated

or

REMOVE the default subheader image on posts all together (just have it a solid color maybe?) 
  • 1. To change subheader background on single posts, you need to use the following css:
    .single-post #Subheader { background-image: url('PATH') !important; }
    2. CSS to change HEADER BACKGROUND on single posts:
    .single-post #Header_wrapper { background-image: url('PATH') !important; }
    3. To remove default subheader/header image, use one of below:
    .single-post #Subheader { background: #000 !important; }
    .single-post #Header_wrapper { background: #000 !important; }
  • Thank you!