Lack of responsiveness with regard to mobile devices

Hi
I've noticed that my website (which is at http://carhounds.co.uk/) doesn't seem to adapt well when viewed on a mobile phone screen. It seems to adapt well when viewed on a tablet, but on a mobile I lose most of my main homepage image and the experience is very negative. Could you advise me as to how to improve this?
Thanks, Ed

Comments

• Hi,

can you explain what exactly does not work on mobile? We checked your site already on mobile and all looks good.
  • Thanks for the reply. What I can see is only a tiny fraction of the main image on the top of my homepage: everything else is okay but with just a small, random part of that image showing it's impossible to make out what it's supposed to be and so it's very off-putting. 

Is there any way to make sure that a smaller version of the image is utilised on the mobile version of the site? Or is there another way around the problem?

• Sure, you can remove background images on mobile of course. To do this, please active right value for Section | Background Image drop-down field under Theme options > Responsive section.
  • Hi again
    Thanks for this. I went into the Theme Options menu and clicked on Responsive, then scrolled down to Section Background Image and selected 'Show on desktop only'.
    What I now see when I view my site on a mobile is a smaller section of the image in question: this is a slight improvement as at least it looks balanced, but it's still totally unclear what the image is supposed to be, as the section shown is just a very small part of the overall image.
    Ideally I'd like to be able to use a much smaller version of the main homepage image for mobiles: is this possible? The image is of a car shape but this is impossible to see currently. If you scroll down the page however you can see from the slider section that the images have been automatically shrunk here and look very good: what I'd like is to feature an image this size at the top of the page.
    If this isn't possible then I'd rather have no image at all - and I thought that's what the 'Show on desktop only' option would give me but that's clearly not the case!
    Can you advise?
    Thanks, Ed
  • We are sorry but it is not possible. Or you can remove section with images at all or just keep it just like it was previously because css backgrounds are not responsive and never won't be. This is just technical problem between css and responsive technology.
  • That worked. Thank you!