Muffin Builder WYSIWYG editor does not perform as expected.

I decided to breakaway form my usual go-to themes as I'd heard a lot of good things about the BeTheme.

A really important feature of WordPress is it's ease-of-use. 

A really important factor in deciding a theme is the ease-of-use for the client.

Sadly I am really disappointed in the Muffin Builder WYSIWYG editor.

When editing a column block users are presented with the muffin builders popup editing panel. This panel has a wysiwyg editor of sorts but it is not user friendly for clients as it forces clients into using code:

The result is a UI that many clients, who do not know how to code, will not be able to use this.
It leaves me wondering why the muffin builder does not use the WP wysiwyg editor? It would be easy to hook into the WP editor and you could give your users the choice to use the WP WYSIWYG editor and the Muffin Builder's one.

Not doing so means that users loose out on:
  • the latest features of the WordPress experience such as inline linking and formatting shortcuts.
  • Its easier and faster to add images
  • Its easier and faster to add basic formatting
  • Its easier and faster to add links
  • It's easy to switch between visual and text modes if needed (which would allow for html editing)

So here's what I'd recommend. 

Use the appropriate hooks to call the WP Content Editor which will allow users to use both "visual" and "text" modes.

Comments