How to change the opacity of a background?

Hi there -

I'm trying to figure out how to change the opacity of the mauve background on a block of text on our home page.

Could you point me to where I can find the answer, please?

Thanks in advance -- I am REALLY enjoying working with your theme!

Cynthia

Comments

• Hi,

the first thing you need to do is set class name for this column. If you do this, let us know so we can have a look on it once again and tell you how to set it up with custom css properly.
  • Hey there... thanks for your help. I want the box to have THIS shade & transparency:

background-color: rgba(99, 82, 82, 0.7);

I'm not sure what descriptor I should use for that box. When I look at it using FireBug, it just says "
    element.style" -- which I know is not detailed enough to work properly.

Can you help me understand what my next step should be?

Thanks a bunch!  :-)

Cynthia
  • Like we told you above, you need to set class name for this column first. But as we can see, you still didn't and until this column won't have own class name, we won't be able to show you how to make background transparent.
  • No need to get snippy. Clearly, I'm not understanding what you need me to do. Can you please tell me how to set the class?
  • Snippy? You must misunderstood something if you think that we are snippy. How other way should we tell you to set this class name? We wrote you above to do this but you didn't said anything that you don't know how to do this or where. There is no such information so how can we know that you read our message?

Anyway, class name can be set under item's settings. So please go to Column item settings and the last field would be class name. All you need to do is set class name for that field, like my-class-name for example. Just do not use any special characters and empty spaces. However, if this explanation won't be enough clear, you should contact with your web developer.
  • Ah. Got it. Now I understand WHY I wasn't understanding. For some reason, I didn't realize I could create my own class name. I thought there was a list somewhere that I just hadn't seen yet. (Not the style.css, but something elsewhere like the list of icons or shortcodes.)

ANYWAY, thanks for your help! I think I should be able to set up the shading now, but I'll let you know if I still need assistance.  :-)
  • We are glad to hear that :)