Trailer Box

Hi,

My Site Address:   http://www.dldctestpage2.co.uk/

I have checked over and over again and I just cant seem to get this to work.

Can someone advise me how I would darken the rollover transparency on the trailer boxes? As even when you are on the you cant really see the title to well.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated :)

DAvid

Comments

• Hi David,

this box has been created especially to be linked but as we see for 3 first items you use links for box, for the the rest you don`t. We think that below css will work but it won`t, then you must do boxes as links:
    /* Trailer box */

.trailer_box > a { display: block; position: relative; z-index: 2; }
    .trailer_box a:after { display: none; }

.trailer_box:after { content: ""; display: block; position: absolute; left: 0; bottom: 0; z-index: 1; width: 100%; height: 100%; filter: alpha(opacity=0); opacity: 0; background: rgba(0,0,0,.15); }
    .trailer_box:hover:after { filter: alpha(opacity=100); opacity: 100; }

/* Animation */
    .trailer_box:after { -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out; transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out; }
  • Ahh, I see what you have done there, the problem I have with this is that I will be using links on all boxes, I just haven't set the other boxes up yet with the link.

The css you provided took the black transparency off of the link boxes and added it to the non link boxes? I would just like to darken the link transparency on the boxes with links so you can read the text properly when hovering over them. 

Sorry If I confused you.

Also I cant seem to find a setting to change the colour of the sidebar? do I need to use css to complete this or have I just missed the setting in theme options?

David
  • HI,

Check that, I have amended your css to darken the image rollovers :)

I am just wondering about changing the colour of the sidebar to a light grey so that the muffin menu stands out more?

Thankyou very much this saved my headache :)
  • Also one last thing, I cant see to get the sidebar to change size.

I am using:

#sidebar
    {
    	padding: 20px 0 10px 0;
    	margin-left: 545px;
    	width: 190px;
    	}
  • Theme is build on grid layout and it is not possible to modify sidebar size. Sorry!

P.S. Next time if you have more questions in one topic, then please write them in points because it is much easier and faster for us to answer on your questions. Thanks for understanding!
  • First up. you say it is not possible to modify the sidebar size?? anything is possible. 

Second. I asked about changing the colour of the sidebar? 

Third. did you just moan at me, I asked valid questions about a theme I purchased from you. You are the support for that theme, I'm not asking you to do anything that is not your job, I was not rude to you, Do not moan and be rude to me.

Fourth. I will not be purchasing your theme again, Your extensive theme options are a joke, they are limited to the basics. Your theme conflicts with itself constantly with colour schemes and the support well, I have used avada an the the7 theme and their support was actually helpful. they didn't supply me with css that didn't work, that i then had to amend, they were helpful and they were not rude, and they answered all my questions, and to them nothing is impossible.

Fifth. It is possible to change the sidebar size, you just don't know how to do it is what you meant to say. Next time maybe you should build in a feature in the theme options for people to be able to adjust the content size and sidebar size so as they don't need to ask you how to do it and be told that it is impossible when clearly it is not impossible.
  • We appreciate all suggestions and we consider all while future updates but we don`t like when someone is trying to force modifications for his needs NOW!

1. Yes, everything is possible if you are good with coding. But we guess you don`t know anything about grid layout or styles if you ask about sidebar width. And we`ll repeat it once again - it is not possible with current theme version. This can be changed only inside core files but this need hard modifications that we do not offer.

2. To change sidebar color, please take a look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/473/sidebar-background-colour-and-line-removal-widget-after where we described how to do it.

4. This is really interesting and first time we hear something like that. Maybe you did not read documentation and maybe this is the reason why you don`t know how many options we got and how many things we add each week into theme. And please do not tell us that Avada or The7 authors provide files modifications for customers because we won`t believe it that. We tried both themes in the past, we also asked them about files modifications and they don`t do it because of the same reasons as all elite authors.

5. As we wrote above, we`ll think about it but at this moment it is not possible with current options. This needs modifications in many files and that`s why it can`t be done just like that now.

Thanks for understanding!
  • 1. I didn't force modifications, I asked politely if it could be done.

2. Saying it is not possible and saying you will need to go into the theme files to change the coding because there inst a way of doing this in theme options or using css are completely different.

3. I don't no coding no, But if you had politely told me that all I need to do, is to change the coding then I will have learn how, the same way I have taught myself everything else.

4. I did not state Avada and The7 theme support will change the coding in a theme file for me, I stated that their support were amazing ( that means they would have told me that I need to change the coding in the theme files rather than telling me it is impossible)

5. Your support really should take a look at itself. It is the worst support I have experienced on any theme!
  • Sorry if something was wrong on our side but your message sounds not polite and that`s we told you that this is not possible. And yes, you're right everything is possible but sometimes modifications needs much more changes and this can`t be done at your request now. If you will have a look in our "Updates & Changelog" section you will see that we add much more and more often features then any author on TF. We work hard every week and we add only things that users suggest. So you must be patient and wait on your turn because queue with updates is very long and each of you must wait on own turn.

P.S. We did not wrote anything that this won`t be done. We listed all suggestions and try to add them all of course if is possible.

Thanks and sorry if we wrote something wrong!