Small you tube videos appearing with large black frame around it.

I would ,like to embed small instructional videos like this campus library: http://library.woodbury.edu/ (bottom row: 

What is Information Overload?). However, when I embed a small video using either the shortcode or Video tool in Muffin, I get a tall black box around it and the movie palys thumbnail sized within it. I don't want that tall black box, just the small video. How do I do it so it looks like the one at Woobuty University Library, where all you see id the video? 

Thank you.
Emily

Comments

• Hi,

what's the link to page where you got such large videos?
  • Hey, once again, my site is in development so not published yet. But just grab any You Tube video you like, pop the code into the shortcode or else use your muffin builder gui, and make it occupy a small area (1/4 space or sidebar). Librarians love putting little video thumbnails on their website for "How to search the catalog" and "How to site sources" and various virtual tours. 

In Be Theme when you try to pop in a small video the window in which it appears is not sized to the video window. That's the problem. You can replicate it so easily using your own theme. Again, any video on you tube and put it into a small area, 1/4 page size or in a widget, in Be. 

Be theme wants to make the window a default size. How do I get around this? Do you want me so send you screen shots?
  • We did it already and as you can see on http://pasteboard.co/6grQ88Ak.png it works fine. Maybe you forgot to set height for this video? Because if the videos are small, then it is always necessary to set custom height under Video item settings.
  • So sorry! I thought that height was referencing the size of the video itself (because the dimensions come with the video from You Tube) and not the window through which it is viewed. I thought we had to plug in what was in the embed code from You Tube or the video would be distorted.

So that's the window height and width. . . sorry to bother you--your support is great btw! Can't wait to show you the finished product!! Supposed to go live this Fall. 

Emily
  • You are welcome ;) We are glad to hear that video sizes are clear now!