Editor retain line breaks/paragraphs

Hello. Is it possible to have the editor in muffin builder retain line breaks or paragraphs -- similar to the WP editor, or the editor I'm using right now typing this?

Currently if I'm using the accordion, the column, etc. I have to add tags to force line breaks or add paragraphs. That's not very user friendly for people who are editing on the site, that aren't familiar with html. Is this not possible with muffin builder?

Comments

• Hi,

you can use DIVIDER shortcode to break to a new line. All details about DIVIDER shortcode you can find on http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/theme/shortcodes/typography/#divider
  • I was actually asking if there's a way for the editor to retain the line breaks as typed, without having to use a shortcode, or the button to insert a br tag.

Like how I just hit return twice and was able to create a new paragraph in this editor, without having to add any code. Seems like this should be standard.
  • So such option does not exist for editor. For that, you always need to use shortcodes. It's just required by Wordpress.
  • edited August 2016
    Dear team of muffin group,
    I'd like to prefer this as a feature in a future update, too. I'm familiar with html, but as mrtcereal said is your editor not user friendly. I think if you want people to use and especially to LOVE your theme then you should think of this update. And it's not only a feature from wordpress to have an wysiwyg-editor. Look at visual composer. This content builder uses shortcode, too. But it's developed for noob users that "what to see what they get".

As an example, we're (an creative agency) using your theme for some client webpages, but we decided to install the visual composer aswell so that our clients are able to change things on their webpage ON THEIR OWN...

• Yes. This is a very big flaw in an otherwise nice theme. Basically makes it impossible for me to use this as a developer for future clients. You guys literally use this in your forums, should not be difficult to implement this in your muffin builder.
  • Sure, we will consider this during future updates. Not sure how exactly this supposed to be done yet, but will have a look on it when we finish current features/updates.
  • so is there a paragraph shortcode or do you need to manually enter p tags? How is someone who knows no HTML supposed to use this?
  • @johnw6761 This is good question to Wordpress developers because this is just how default WP editor works.
  • Wordpress WYSIWYG automatically creates p tags?