Typekit font in blog

Hello,

I want to put a custom font in the BeTheme, Vista Slab. Can I follow this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/using/using-typekit-blog.html ?

Then I must paste the follow code in the theme: <script
src="https://use.typekit.net/jkw5ixx.js"></script>

<script>try{Typekit.load({
async: true });}catch(e){}</script>

Can I do this and where to paste this code?

greetz, Marcel

Comments

• Hi Marcel,

all you need to do do add custom font is upload it's files under Theme options > Fonts > Custom section. That's it.
  • Hello,

I have asked support of Typekit for the .tff..eot. .svg and .woff files, but this is their answer:

Web
    fonts from Typekit have to be added to your site with the JavaScript embed code
    that we provide. You can't download the font files and host them
    yourself.  Some foundries and resellers sell a license that allows you to download
    and self-host the font files, though, if you'd like to look into the option.

So, can I give it a try and paste this code in > Header & subheader > Extra > Other (banner section) ? 

The code must be pasted in the <head> section. 

Greetz, Marcel

• It worked for me by adding the script into Theme options > Global > Hooks and pasting into the Top box but this is not ideal as it's the top of the <body> not the <head>.
  • If the code must be pasted in head section, then you need to modify functions/theme-head.php file. But if you are not good with coding and don't know how to do this, you need to contact with your web developer.
  • Thx techtom81 and muffingroup, thx! I will give it a try.Typekit works only with this scripts, a lot of people use their fonts, so I think its worth to look at this in a future update of the theme.

greetz, Marcel

• I have same problem. I'm instructed to insert following code into the head section:

<link href="//cloud.webtype.com/css/a0dd2171-ead0-42e6-8f1f-b25e51207f29.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

I've downloaded the theme-head.php file, but have no idea how to incorporate this into the code as I'm not a programmer. Do you provide the insert code for this, or can  I simply add this code at the bottom of the page as it is  ?
  • @georgetate If you don't know how and were to put this code exactly, please contact with your web developer because in reference to Item Support Policy, files customization are not included unfortunately and for such modification is later responsible your web developer only.
  • edited January 2017
    OK, if anyone else has same problem I got it to work using plugin '
    Insert Headers and Footers' which was easy to use :-)