Google Tag Manager

How can installa Google Tag Manager on BeTheme?
I have a code to put in the <head> section and another just after <body> tag.
Thanks

*i use child theme

Comments

• Hi,

this requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact with your web developer.

P.S. For header is responsible header.php file.
  • I'm also into this matter and I've tried to put the code into betheme. One part should be efter the body-tag which is easy because Betheme has a field for it. Betheme Options - Global - Hooks - Top. The other part of the code should be place as high as possible in the head tag. For this I used Betheme Options - SEO - Google Analytics. (Together with the analytics code)

When viewing the source code of the site everything looks just fine. Now I just have to try if it really works. :)

I'll be back! 
  • It worked!

@oba89 try my solution and see if it works for you as well!

@muffingroup Why do not you test my solution and verify it. If it works (it sure does for me) you could add two extra fileds in Betheme Options, one for the head-code and one for after body-code. From my point of perspective you do not even have to put to much effort in it because you already have the fields in a way.

Then you could add this to your sale pitch! That you support GTM. :)
  • @niclassoderberg Sure, we may consider it when we will get more requests about it and when we finish features and fixes that currently await in queue. Please understand that we can not add any feature you just want because lot’s of users uses poor hosting services and more options/features means higher server requirements. So if we will do necessary tests and decide that it does not charge server resources to much, then we will consider adding it of course.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Thanks niclassoderberg, but the BeTheme Options - SEO - Google analytics also puts the code in the body. So I am going to have to create a child theme instead and change the php file.  MuffinGroup, other themes I use have a panel for adding header and body script, maybe consider the same.