Changing Colour of Footer does not have an effect

Hi,

though I changed the Colour of the Footer in the options to black (Colors - Footer - Footer background), it still appears grey. How can I change it (and what do I change with the option in the muffin theme option)?

A Background image is not the best solution, as it seems not to be possible to get it relative to the size which is needed for the widgets (appears as a own picture, not as a background, too big or too small.

Thank you!

(BEtheme, Link: http://rheinkult.de-web.biz/)

Comments

• Did you noticed that custom colors can be used only with custom skin? Please make sure you use custom instead of predefined. Also please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check how many html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.
  • #-o

Thank you, this was the problem. And I'll check those html errors
  • I don't understand those html errors... it also seems to be a problem with the theme and/or wordpress. For example there seems to be a menu defined as Standard, another as Standard1, both with ID menu-item-635 (found out with validator.w3.org). I did not create two menu neither does a Standard1 appear in the options of the dashboard...

What can I do here?

Other errors (the most ones) are obsolete html style elements in the copyied text parts from my old website. These i will definitely get rid of while copying my text into the betheme creator...
  • Sorry but we can't fix html errors that someone did on your side. In this case you should contact with person who is responsible for those errors. Our theme is free of those kind of errors and that's why we are not able to help.
  • edited December 2014
    I fear that this is not true. I'm responsible for creating the site and I definetely did not change this element:

Error

Line 711,
    Column 6
    :
    End tag div seen, but there were open elements.
    [quote][/quote]

(How can i post php code here as a quote?)

This seems to me like an error from the theme.

I do not mean all the obsolete html style elements. These are from me for sure. I do mean those errors in the php files, where I did not change anything at all...

• The thing you mentioned above is not a problem. Sorry to say that but when we read your message you probably don't know what are you talking about and try to move responsible for all mistakes on your side on us what is not true. The thing you showed above is shortcode and this is not what we mean. We talk about HTML code, not shortcodes. If you will look at http://snag.gy/LTHO8.jpg you will see just part of errors (red colored stuff). And if you don't believe then ask any good web developer and you will hear that you did those mistakes.