Pre-Packaged Plugins throw error on installation

I have my website hosted in fatcow.com So it is not like I own a Server. All went good with the installation until the required plugins were installed. The ones that were not pre-packaged installed correctly BUT the others (Shown below) threw an invalid url error, I imagine it is because they are in the file system. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance

Slider Revolution
Slider Revolution
Pre-Packaged Required

Layer Slider

Layer Slider
Pre-Packaged Recommended

Visual Composer

Comments

• Hi,

what error you get while plugins installation?
  • These are the errors:

I assume that it is because the url is a local url...

Installing Plugin Slider Revolution (1/3)

An error occurred while installing Slider Revolution: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided..

Installing Plugin Layer Slider (2/3)

An error occurred while installing Layer Slider: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided..

Installing Plugin Visual Composer (3/3)

An error occurred while installing Visual Composer: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided..

All installations have been completed.

• So if you install it locally, then it might be the reason why it does not work.
  • Actually it was a noob move on my part.

I am new to WP so, I tried to install the theme via the normal way, since I got an error and searched and found a way to install the theme manually.

That worked but I selected the wrong folder so, hen the installation tried to get to the url where those plugins were supposed to be then the error arose because the plugins were not there.

I have solved this now.

Thanks and sorry for the basic question
  • Ohh, we wouldn't never guess this :) We are glad to know that you sorted it yourself.