Anchor links not working??

I've a long page of content.

I've added some links to the top of the page which links to content below.
 my links look like this.

<ul><li><a href="#link1">Link 1</a></li>
      <li><a href="#link2">Link 2</a></li>
      <li><a href="#link3">Link 3</a></li>
</ul>

and just about the content i'm adding this

<a name="link1"></a>
<a name="link2"></a>
<a name="link3"></a>

This page is an FAQ page. I've 7 different FAQ sections and above each FAQ section i'vea Visual Editor item with the HTML code.

It won't link to them at all !!

Any idea why ?

Comments

• Hi,

if you mean to create something like "one page" menu items, then instead of name attribute, you should use id:
    <a id="link1"></a>
    <a id="link2"></a>
    <a id="link3"></a>
  • doesnt work,

Is there anything i need to change with the other code <a href-"#lin1">:Link</a>

• The visual editor is just deleting my code now !!  and i don't mean the wordpress editor..  mean the one added via muffin bulder.
  • If Visual Editor is removing your code somehow, please use Column item instead.
  • Hi

I jump in for this topic. I made for each muffin section (about, prices, etc) an anchor (using Demo Theme called Profile). 

While on the demo u can click at the menu on "about" and jump to "about". When you afterwards click on "prices", it jumps to "prices". 

Mine isn't working at all. It jumps to "about", but when I later click on prices, it stays at "about" (www.testside.com/#about) - how can I fix it? That it still will jump after the consumer clicked on another menu point?

I'm working with this codes: <a name="about"> & on the menu section in the URL field I put #about

Thx
  • @Mfbt What's the ID you put for the section where the link supposed to go? And what's the full menu link?
  • I found the solution. I just had to write the ID into the frame in the muffinbuilder instead the code into the column. all good now