Gallery Thumbnails Blurry

Hello! Gallery thumbnails are blurry.  After clicking the blurry thumbnail image, pretty photo images look normal.

I attempted Tools > Force Regenerate Thumbnails but this did not work.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• I followed yor instruction but it does not work. http://wiedemann-glaserei.com/?page_id=90
    it just looks awful. please do not say sth like :"read our posts above". thanks
  • Hello,
    please disable the maintenance mode.
    thanks
  • Hello, 

I am wondering what this maintenance mode is and where to disable it - I have the same problem: the thumbnail images look really horrible, but I would prefer to use them since my images are different sizes. 

Thanks!
  • You can disable the 'Under Construction' mode in the Theme Options > Pages > Under Construction.
    Also, please send a link to your website.
    Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo, but the under construction is not on. The thumbnails still look super blurry... 
    Posting my url won't help because I do have a "coming soon" site up from my hosting provider...

• Increase the resolution of the used image to fix that blurry image problem.
    There are many types of featured images in the theme, here are instructions for changing them:
    1. To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.
    2. To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.
    3. To change the woocommerce images size please go to the customizer tool in wordpress and change it in the front-end.
    More information HERE

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • Well, I would have expected a better solution than that - the images themselves are definitely large enough and I see no option to add a "thumbnail picture" in addition to the original image (which would be an acceptable solution). 

It's the css resizing (shown cropped in a square format) that seems to be making them blurry, but I have worked a lot with websites, so I know that the images should not be as blurry as they are right now regardless of the resizing with css... the way it is now looks terrible. 

The images look fine with "show as full size" but this makes my gallery look sloppy when I have images of varying sizes or when I have vertical and horizontal images mixed... 

Please look into the issue - for those trying to present art portfolios this is of great concern.
  • (Also, I am not using the portfolio function, because it seems to only be set up for one page and I have at least 10 gallery pages - So I have been using the "Image Gallery" to build as I go - of course it would be nice to have text and layout options...but I don't understand why I need to build portfolios AND pages... that is a lot of work. I would rather just have the portfolio options where i want them -> in the pages options.) 

• The blurry images are the common issue, usually, it's resolved by increasing the size of the featured image, in your case (if you use the Image Gallery), you should change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, in the settings>media.

If you changed the size, then remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

If this is not the problem, I need to check it - so please send me a link to your website with under construction mode turned off.
    Otherwise, our help can be limited - because it's hard to tell what can be the issue without taking a look at it.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, 

that didn't seem to work. On this page you can see the contrast between full-sized and thumbnail images (square): http://www.apridian.com/portfolios/design/worms-way/

If you click around in the photography section you can see the problem as well. 

Thanks.
    April 
  • The problem can be related to the "jet-pack" plugin too - I can see, that it's attaching the classes on the images.
    Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache of the browser and check if the issue still exists.
    Also, make the featured image size change(like in the previous reply) again, with all of the plugins disabled(leave only the thumbnail regeneration plugin turned on)
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, 

I just did as you asked - i turned off all of the plug-ins except the regeneration plug-in and refreshed the site. Unfortunately, the thumbnails still looked the same...
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, 

how soon can I expect help if I do so? I did that before and never got a reply and then came to figure out that I could quickly solve the solution myself through my hosting provider... 

April
  • Hi Pablo,

I found a plug-in that is almost perfect: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails-advanced/. Now all of my images are crisp and clear, but not all of them are square. Any ideas? I really want that all of my thumbnails stay the same size. - Now that they are a different size, I am not sure how to get them to be square again.

April 

• It depends on how many dashboard access we took - we cannot tell exactly when.
    But, I think it shouldn't take more time than 24H.

The "Force Regenerate Thumbnails" plugin which is available in BeTheme > Install Plugins regenerates all of the images to the declared size (below paths to the sizes).
    To make them square, you have to set the width equal to height (for example: 250x250)

> To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog, please navigate
    to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image
    > To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.

Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, 

I am only trying to say that not all of that is working quite right. I already have large, square images set up in the media settings. In spite of that, I have thumbnails that are not square. 

At the moment, I have no portfolio/blog images so they can not be at fault.

I was also using the force regenerate thumbnails earlier (which did produce square images), but it did not help my blurriness problem, so I tried a few other plug-ins in hopes of finding something better.

For now, I am using the plug-in that I sent because the images themselves look so much better. I assume that I will just need to insure that all of my images are in a 2:3 ratio if I want them to be squarely cropped. That should be mostly okay. 

I was only a bit disappointed that it didn't work "out of the box", because now I will need to resize some of my images, and well, I also cannot ensure that I will always want a 2:3 crop on all of my images... 

April

• Did you send the wordpress login credentials? - we have to check what can be the problem.
    It's not normal behavior that it does not change their sizes and it's still blurry.

I tested it on my local machine and it works fine.
    Thanks