Unable to make default fonts support some Turkish characters like ş and ğ on Safari for Mac

Hello,

I am designing a website where I am actually quite satisfied with the default fonts (from default demo); however, these fonts appear to fail supporting some turkish characters such as ş and ğ on Safari for Mac

1. Even though I have input latin, latin-ext to the Google Font Subset section (http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/9873/tuerkce-karakterler-turkish-fonts), and
2. Tried to add html codes inside Google Font Subset area, individual php files, and via some plugins,

they all failed to solve the problem.

Since I could not make the fonts supporting these Turkish characters, I have decided to change the fonts just to see how it would look, yet that did not work as well. At the moment, every attempt I make to change any sort of font results with failure.

The only solution that might actually work seems to activate the 'static css' option which I do not want to do at all since I am still working on the website and will be working on it.

And let me make this clear as well. I only encounter with this problem on 'Safari for Mac' (Idk if IE might have the same problem). Turkish characters look completely fine for Chrome for Mac and safari for iOS. Can you suggest a way out of this, if possible by not changing this beautiful combination.

Comments