Vimeo titles

Hi,

If I add a video using Muffin Builder, I don't seem to have a lot of options other than giving the Vimeo number of the video I want to show. How can I prevent it from showing the title? As you can see here, when there is a long title it covers the whole video on the mobile.

It would be good to know how I can suppress only the titles on a particular page (in this case, the homepage) and also how to suppress them from the whole site. Then I can experiment between the two and see what make the most sense.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Video item has attributes field where you can set different attributes for videos (depending on YT and Vimeo services) but as far as we know, Vimeo does not have an attribute to remove the title.
  • Hi,

I know that when you get embed code for Vimeo videos, there is the option to remove the title:

Step 1

Click the "Embed" button on the player on your video's Vimeo page.

Step 2

Click the blue "Customize embed options" link when the "Embed this video" dialog box appears.

Step 3

Go to the "Intro" section. Uncheck the boxes for "portrait" (your Vimeo profile picture), "title" (the title of the video), and "byline" (your name or your Vimeo user name) to customize titles as needed.

Step 4

New embed code will appear in the box at the top of the window, based on your customizations. Copy the new code and paste it the appropriate sections on the website where you want to embed the video.

So if it can be done this way, how could I embed the video using the full embed code instead? Would I have to use a 'column' in Muffin Builder instead?
  • If you look at https://developer.vimeo.com/apis/oembed you will see all available attributes for Vimeo videos. But if you look at https://vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:268621 you will an information that authors may force titles for their videos and in such case, it is not possible to remove titles.
  • Thanks. I was able to remove both the title and portrait by typing title=0&portrait=0 under 'YouTube or Vimeo parameters' in the Muffin Builder window for the 'Video' item.