Update Broke Featured Image

edited February 2017 in WooCommerce
I just updated to  Betheme 16.8 and now none of my products in WooCommerce that use the featured image are showing. I get a white screen. Any suggestions? I have tried disabling plugins with no luck. When I delete the featured image, all works as it should. WHen I enable the featured images, the page does not work. I have changed nothing else on my website.

Comments

• Hi,

any link to page where featured images does not appear after update?
  • It is also affecting the shopping cart page as well - so I think it has to do with the thumbnail or something. If I delete featured image on the product page, it then shows but still the cart does not work.
  • edited February 2017
    Still trying to resolve this - when I deactivate all plugins, it does not fix. When I deactivate BeTheme and use Twenty Seventeen, it is fixed.

I also uninstalled WooCOmmerce and reinstalled, same thing. Just noticed my portfolio pages are not working either if I use a featured image.

I also used an image in variations, that works fine. But the main featured image, no go. You can see that here: https://www.portsidemarketing.com/product/rack-cards/ - the QTY 500 has an image

Worked until I updated the theme and now when try to go back to previous version, no luck there either.

So something with BeTheme???Something got reset in DB??
  • Thanks. After further verification, we realized that the content of your site is cut and it does not load but in such case, you need to contact with your admin or hosting provider because it looks like the problem is related with memory limits or max_input_vars.
  • My max_input_vars is set to 5000. I have NEVER needed that changed to a higher number and I would guess that is adequate. So I really don't think that is the issue.

You also say the site is "cut" - that is ONLY on the pages that are having the issues - the issue is directly related to the Featured Image and when you disable BeTheme and enable another theme (Twenty Seventeen) the issue is resolved.
  • Please go to theme folder, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related with those limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

BTW We really don't know why you compare default WP theme which does not have even 5% of possibilities of the BeTheme. It is obvious, that multipurpose theme with thousands of options, won't be as light as a default wp theme.
  • edited February 2017
    You bet, here you go:
    https://www.portsidemarketing.com/phpinfo.php

We only tried another theme to rule out WooCommerce being the issue - just testing different things to try and isolate the issue.
  • Thank you for looking at this for me. We have been systematically looking at everything and trying to replace each plugin by hand. We noticed our Wordpress and WooCommerce were both not at the current versions, so we re-installed Wordpress and WooCommerce by hand. Not sure what was broken, but it now is working.

So, most likely never anything wrong with BeTheme - when we updated it, odds are it was due to old WP or Woo.

Thank you again for your prompt help and willingness to as always, make sure your theme is well supported. Please close this ticket as solved.
  • Hmm, that's really weird then but we are happy to know that plugins update helped and all works fine now :)
  • Thanks - in case others have the same issue - updating plugins did not work. We had to manually delete the plugins and all references in the database. Then upon reinstallation, all worked again.