How can I add an Item to Builder

I've created a new item in the muffin builder.
I've added the necessary fields into the "fields" array that I have found into the method mfn_get_fields_item() 
This method is in: 
wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/fields.php

After I have inserted in functions.php in my child theme the necessary method "mfn_print_xxxxx" to make it working and all is working fine.

My Dubts are:
Is possibile / How can I add the sizer into the JS? (at the moment I have manually modified the file betheme/functions/builder/js/scripts.js)
Is possibile / How can I extend the $items Array throud the child theme and not modifing the theme file?

Comments

• Hi,
    What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy clearly says: Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio thanks
  • Many thanks for the reply.

For me is important to say that your theme is my preferred and I work with BeTheme from a lot of time creating good sites and intensively customizing everything.
    I think that Muffin Builder is good and more useful as VC. 

Now I have read and I have understood the policy.

At the moment I have create the New Item, I have modified and all the files and all is working fine.

My question is:
    There is a "better and more correct way" to make this modification? 
    As I made this mod if I'll make a theme update I'll overwrite the mod...

Many thanks for the support
  • If you put this mode in custom CSS it will not dissapear but if you placed it in the main theme files, they might get overwritten. If you want to do such modifications use a child theme for that.