Uniform featured image sizes

Is there a way to get uniform featured images (see image, left box is smaller) without having to re-size images prior to upload? Would be preferable to have a soft-crop within a standard div size or even a hard crop to fit the div over having to re-size actual image. Thanks a ton, love the theme!

Comments

• If you want to get images with the same size, then you must upload images that are the same size because this is how wordpress featured image feature works like.
  • That's not accurate. I was searching for this topic and found this discussion. I'm updating my client's website with Be and I LOVE IT. I even have DOOVER and had no idea MuffinGroup created both.

Anyway, the older theme (and many others) can take most images and make them all uniform or the same size for featured images. Is there a way this can be done?
  • If you will send url to your website where this happen then we can have a look on it closer but as we mentioned previously, we are pretty sure that images must be the same size.
  • But where you got what you showed on screenshot above? Because definitely it is not available on homepage.
  • I'm sorry, maybe you're referring to the other user who was asking about this topic. I didn't include any screenshots.
  • Oops sorry :) We thought that this is your screenshot. In this case images must have similar size because at this moment each images is totally different size and it is not possible to have current images exactly the same sizes.
  • Of course you can have uniform featured image sizes. Not sure why a wordpress developer would not know that ?
  • @baenk How exactly you can have them?
  • So there is no auto resizer for thumbnails? 
    Other sites i worked on using Geniesis framework you can set the size of the image you want to use in the widget; since your design isn't really widget driven i was wonder if there is some coding we can add or a script that would take all image thumbnails and make them say 150x150 or 250x250, etc; If not we would have to go through every image and resize it for each article and that would be fine if you are using a new theme for a new site, starting from scratch... however we are using the Betheme on a site with 5000 images and they are populating at all different sizes.
  • We use default WordPress resizer for featured images. Sizes are specified in theme code and all new images uploaded to your media will be resized to this sizes.

To resize existing images you can use Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

Thanks!