JS Compression

Hi,

I use a snippet in my function php to minimize html, css, js.
The snippet works better than a cache plugin like W3 cache.

As soon I activate js compression, the mainmenu is gone and the custom js is not working anymore.
Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• Hi,
    The only fix to this is not to use this snippet.
    Sorry but we do not support such file modifications, there are too many possibilities.
    thanks
  • edited March 2017
    Why? Combine / Compress JS and CSS is meanwhile normal standard in wordpress. A dozen of plugins like for example WP Fastest Cache is also not working with the theme as soon you try to combine or compress js and css the menu is gone.

Why you don't put javascript and css in one single file?

I hope you guys know that SPEED is one of the most important things in 2017 for Google and the position of a website?

• Hi,

We do not say that using the snippets or not paying attention to SEO is a good thing. We just do not support file changes as support policy does not allow for additional customization. Also, many files (especially plugins), just couldn't be compressed themselves because they would simply stop working.

thanks
  • Hi,

Sorry but this is a very important issue for every themedeveloper since Google came up with pagespeed and for everyone who uses Betheme. I don't see this as an additional customization but a must for every developer. There area lot of people which work with Betheme on their moneysites and they all have exactly the same problem.

• Many of the compression algorithms change the order in wich the functions or CSS files are beeing activated. We cannot support them all. Our css and js files are optimized enough. We do not plan any modifications for now, sorry
  • Google has another opinion, but fine, I will switch to another theme. Thanks a lot for your support.