German quotation marks replaced by a comma and a blank in headlines

edited March 2017 in Fonts
Hello,
since a couple of days ago I have been using betheme with the "betourist" template. Updated to 17.4 yesterday, site is running WP4.7.3.

While writing content I noticed that the theme behaves incorrectly when formatting headline text. I found this in h1 and h2, but haven't tried all levels though I don't see why it should be different in h3 and beyond. 

What it does is visually replacing the character „ („) by a comma with a trailing blank, being one single unit in the rendered text. The actual character in the code behind it seems to be correct though, because
when I copy the quotation mark from the rendered page and paste it into a text editor it's the correct character again. Also, when writing vowels with an accent such as in "Cádiz" the accent gets displayed in the opposite direction, making it "Càdiz", so I have to reverse them all in headlines. In regular text paragraphs, the characters are OK.

Try this example in HTML and look at the rendered page:
<h1>Test headline - left to right: á - right to left: à - ldquo: &ldquo; - rdquo: &rdquo; - bdquo: &bdquo;</h1>
Test paragraph - left to right: á - right to left: à - ldquo: &ldquo; - rdquo: &rdquo; - bdquo &bdquo;

Result:

Is there a character library somewhere that translates special characters, which I can modify?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Sascha

Comments