Removing first few lines of text from blog post on shortcode

Is it possible to remove the first few lines of text from the shortcode to only show the featured image and read more. seen here
http://cimux.com/cx/?page_id=1525

Comments

• Just to clarify, I want to keep the title and "read more" but cut the first few lines of content
  • Yes, it is possible. For that please use below css:
    .post-excerpt { display: none; }
  • Awesome, Is there anyway I can cut everything except the date it was created, title and read more from the box?
  • At this moment you have only title and read more so what else you want to cut? Please make a screenshot with explanation so we can avoid confusion.
  • http://cimux.com/cx/?page_id=1525 on this page I have a masonry blog layout that only shows the title of the blog and read more. I would like to add the date it was created to each box. hope this helps.

Thanks
  • Ohh, so you want to add date. We misunderstood then. But unfortunately this can not be done. Sorry!
  • With blog posts it normally only shows the user that created it, time, title. There isnt a way to remove who posted it and still keep the date it was created?
  • If you have item that shows user, time and title and want to keep date only, then please send us url to page where you got this item and we'll see what we can do for you. Because if this really exist, then should be possible to remove it but if it does not exist and must be added, then it can't be done with css.
  • edited January 2015
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/blog?mfn-b=masonry

I need to keep title, date created, and read more.

haha sorry for being a pain but you guys are hands down the best support I have had.
  • Also here is the css I am running for reference:

.post-footer .button-love { display: none; }
    .post-header .button-love { display: none; }
    .image_frame, .wp-caption { border: 0 !important; }
    #comments { display: none; }
    .post-header .button-love { display: none; }

.image_frame, .wp-caption { border-width: 0px !important; }
    .post-footer .button-love { display: none; }
    .icon-comment-empty-fa:before { display: none; }
    .post-footer .post-links .post-comments { display: none; }

.single-post .image_frame .image_wrapper .mask { display: none !important; }
    .single-post .image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links { display: none !important; }

.postid-xxx .single-photo-wrapper .image_frame { display: none !important; }

.Recent_posts ul li .photo .c { display: none; }

.single-portfolio .post-header { display: none; }

.single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper { display: none !important; }

#Subheader { display: none; }

.single-post .single-photo-wrapper { display: none; }

.post-excerpt { display: none; }
    .image_frame .image_wrapper .mask { display: none; }
    .image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links { display: none; }
    .image_frame:hover .image_wrapper img, .image_frame.hover .image_wrapper img { top: 0px; }
  • So to remove user name, comments and love from this kind of blog layout, please use below css:
    .post-desc .author-date .post-author { display: none; }
    .post-desc .author-date .date span.label { display: none; }
    .post-footer .button-love a.mfn-love { display: none; }
    .post-links i.icon-comment-empty-fa { display: none; }
    .post-links .post-comments { display: none; }
  • Awesome thanks
  • edited January 2015
    How do I do the same for the posts themselves?

Edit: nevermind I figured it out thanks for your help.
  • is there anyway to keep the date on the blog post but remove the date from the featured image used in a blog shortcode?
  • Should be possible. Please send us url to page where you want to remove date and we'll find right css.
  • http://cimux.com/cx/?page_id=1525 removing the date from the masonry boxes.
  • You can do it within below css:
    .author-date .date { display: none; }
  • This removes the date globally, is there any way to keep the date on the blog post itself but remove the date from the masonry box?
  • You can try below css then:
    .masonry .author-date .date { display: none; }