Where to validate the license ?

Hi there,

So far I was using in back office a friend's license to try out Betheme. It was never intended to be a "pirate copy" or whatever. Now that i purchased the theme, where do I go to activate my license ?
I did not re-install the theme since I already created my own child theme through it, and have no idea of what will happen if I erase the original Betheme files and put the new ones instead (maybe nothing bad will happen but I'm note quite sure). Could you let me know how to proceed to be able to have further updates + 100% legal okayness ^^ ?

All the best,
Jo

Comments

• Hi,
    You need to buy a new betheme for each installation and install it on your server, you cannot use your friends theme.
    thanks
  • Yes I know that.
    I started using his theme in back office (so the website isn't published and I never meant this to happen). My question is : now that I did buy the theme (hence my presence here), what should i do to enter the license key without losing the work I've done already ?

_ maybe replacing all the components of the Theme by the ones downloaded with the new ones (but they are similar right ?) ? Would it take my license key into consideration ?

_Isn't there one file that I must copy / paste ?

Generally this is done in ThemeOptions (in Avada for example, I registered directly in Wordpress), I was just wondering if there was something I was missing.

All the best,
    Jo

• You do not need to register anything, just delete the theme and install your own, that is it.
    thanks
  • ok, I also installed the envato toolkit plugin to keep it updated.

Thanks !