How to remove the text on empty sidebars ?

Hi,

I intend to use sidebars only on some pages, but would be glad to have "empty" sidebars in order to have the same padding from one page to another. Therefore I chose two sidebars on the left and on the right with no widgets displaying (in fact, every article and portfolio items will have at least one empty
sidebar while the category pages and the homepages for portfolio and
blog will have different sidebars). However, there is a text "This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use full width layout."

However I do not want to use full width in order to have just a central row that would make the text readable (columns that are too large are harder to read), and I do not want to fill the website with multiple sidebars.

Thanks a lot for your help

Jo.

Comments

• Hi Jo,
    If you do not want a sidebar on a page, just edit it and under the muffin builer select the layout with no sidebars. There is no other way around this.
    thanks
  • Well, the idea is to have a central column and empty spaces left and right. The layout with no sidebar will stretch the text boxes and images and make them too large to be readable or nice to look at :/ .
  • You can create the same layout using the muffin builder and place a 'placeholder' element into the blank wraps.
  • Yes, that's what I thought and it's a good way around.
    What I did, and maybe that might be of help for others : I just created a "text" widget and wrote an empty code between < > .
    This seems to work so far and I won't have to change all my pages ; ).

thanks anyway for your quick answers !