Update Failures

I have been trying to update my theme to the newest version, right now I have version 17.8.5 installed. 
Whenever I try to update it says "update package not available," except it tells me that there is Theme 17.8.7 existing. 
Is there another way to update? Am I missing something?
Thanks.

Comments

• Also, I have just noticed that some of the shortcodes don't work properly. For example, my site uses the contact boxes which have an 'email' button. The button technically works, but the little envelope picture that tells the user that it is an email button isn't visible.
  • Hello,
    Please go to your server via FTP and remove the theme completly, then install a fresh copy of betheme ( better thru FTP than wordpress).
    We advise to make a backup before.
    thanks
  • it doesn't work, the old version can be installed, the new version not!
    I have exact the same message! Please help!
  • That is why I asked you to use only FTP to remove and install a new theme.
    Maybe you have some server cache, if so please contact your hosting provider.
    thanks
  • Hi,
    I'm not in control of my hosting as it's a corporate site and we have people that deal with that end of it.. is there another way? I don't want to risk losing all the modifications to the template that I've made. What happens if the site is not updated?
  • Nothing happens to it. You can always make a backup. We cannot really help if you do not have access. Please ask your hosting provider for assistance then.
  • Sorry this was an error  from your site! Now with the new update it worked. So don't come with searching on others!