Can not get domain name

When i installed the version 20, i tried install a pre-built websites, then when i chose and install this message pops up "Can not get domain name" i install the wordpress in my localhost

Comments

• Hi,
    you need to resgister you license key first, in betheme>dashboard,
    later unregister the license and register again on the main domain.
    thanks
  • What do you mean 'later unregister the license and register again on the main domain'?
    What is the reason for registering and unregistering, then registering again?
  • I am also having this issue. I installed the BeTheme, now I am trying to install a pre-built website and i get the "can not get domain name" message. I don't understand what you mean by saying I need to register my license Key first then unregister and register again on the main domain. why would i unregister it? and what is the "main domain"?
  • So NOW i just went to deregister it to attempt to follow your instructions and it says "Referer domain is different than registered domain. Please contact us using contact form on our Themeforest profile page."
  • edited August 2017
    So just in case anyone else has this issue: they had to de-register my license because my issue was caused by wrong website migration. Once they deregistered my license I was able to go into BeTheme dashboard and click deregister theme successfully. Then I re-registered it and now it's all working great!!

They said next time please bear in mind that while migrating the website I need to de-register the license and then after migration is complete I can register it on a new destination.
  • Yes, please deregister the theme first before you migrate ;)
  • Just so I am clear on this process. I am building my site on a development server which will be different than the final live server.

So if I am following the conversation correctly, I should:
    1. Install on my development server and register my theme with its license
    2. Develop site as normal on developments server
    3. Once approved and ready to move to live server I should De-register BEFORE attempting to move the site (De-registering won't cause a loss of anything correct? ie: layout, content etc.)
    4. Once the site is on live server I should again Register the theme

Is this the correct process?
  • Yes, this is correct. Nothing will be lost.
  • edited March 2020
    Hi, I have similar issue about "Can not get domain name" when trying to install the pre-built website. However, when I followed the instruction: deregister it on my godaddy managed wordpress but when I clicked register and paste the original license code, it said "Purchase code already used. Please deregister purchase code and remove theme folder on: ***.com( which is the website that is assigned by wordpress or godaddy) "

Since I have already deregister the code, how could I remove theme folder? Where is the theme folder located?

I'm totally new and self-learning these website stuff. Could anyone help me? Thank you in advance.
  • Hey,
    Please read this topic::

The theme folder is located where all of the Wordpress themes are installed, in wp-content/themes
    thanks