Documentation for basic shortcodes

Hello,
are basic shortcodes like "button" documented for BeTheme? There are places (like widgets) where only plain text is available and I'd like to know for example the names of icons used in Be for quick adding of buttons and other various stuff. There is also "icon_position" parameter and I don't know what values it can take.

Comments

• I still can't find some of them. For example, after inserting "button" shortcode I get:

[button title="" icon="" icon_position="" link="" target="_blank" color="" font_color="" large="0" class="" download="" onclick=""]

I can figure out some flags (like title, icon position, link, color or target) but how I'm supposed to know what classes or icons are available?

There are some amazing looking buttons here:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/shortcodes/typography#buttons

But there are no shortcode examples for making ie. outlined buttons like on the link above. Am I missing something?
  • If you mean new buttons style, then you must change their style in Theme options > Colors > Content section. You must setup "Stroke" style. But about button shortcode, everything has been described in the doc as we mentioned above. Look for point 3)
  • Ah, yes. I found it, it's under 4.4.2.2 Content shortcodes. A submenu under "shortcodes" for quick reference would be an awesome addition inside Be's documentation. There are so many shortcodes that it's hard to find certain ones (especially in case of button where searching for one will produce many irrelevant results through the documentation page).

You may also want to consider a practice introduced by guys from X theme. All shortcodes have their switches populated with possible values. So, for example, after inserting button shortcode, the code generated would have an example icon, an example URL, and icon_position="left, right" (because those are correct values). It helps since users don't have to check documentation every time a simple shortcode like button is needed.

Thanks for letting me know about the stroke - I thought that color settings work only when I have custom colors defined and I didn't even notice the switch for button styles. Thanks!

I know that it may look like I'm whining much, but I'm really impressed with Be so far. The possibilities are nearly endless. Great work!
  • To search shortcodes you can always use CTRL+F shortcut :) This is how we search as in our opinion this is the best and fastest way to find what you are looking for. However we'll consider what you mentioned above :)
  • You're right and it works in most cases, but searching for "button" or "buttons" gives way too many instances of this word in documentation, so it can be cumbersome.
  • I too am in love with Bethemes, but I seriously can't ctrl+F an answer for what the possible classes are: 

• class (type any class you want if you need something special. We recommend prettyphoto to open images/videos in popup window or scroll to link to another section on the same page.You get a nice, smooth scroll effect)
    Is there only prettyphoto and scroll? 
  • @PETConsulting What are you looking for?
  • Hi guys, how do i apply this [button title="" icon="" icon_position="" link="" target="_blank" color="" font_color="" large="0" class="" download="" onclick=“"] BUT WITH TEXT FOR EXAMPLE TELEPHONE DIRECTION. I just enter the icon and all the info in the footer but i don´t know how to apply text next the icon in the same line. Thanks in advance. 
  • I just add this,  that it´s very useful but how could it change the color to everything white and transparent background. Is there any possibility without touching the menu colours? 

[contact_box title="" address="" telephone="" telephone_2="" fax="" email="" www="" image="" animate=""]

• Hey!
    This button:
    [button title="Call me" icon="icon-home" icon_position="" link="tel:666666666" target="" color="" font_color="" large="0" class="" download="" onclick=“"]
    Will look like this:
    http://prntscr.com/f8h2em
    And when you click on it, it will call the number in the link, you can set also a mail or just a normal URL.
    List of icons here: http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/theme/shortcodes/typography/#icons