BeTheme Child Theme Setup

I am attempting to use the delivered child theme to add support for jQuery ui references, amongst other scripts and styles. I was expecting to activate the child theme and the site would remain completely unchanged until I started adding specific css and script changes to the child theme functions.php file.

On a fresh instance of WordPress with your parent and child theme installed (no additional site changes), and the child theme activated - I have noticed that several styling issues appear. One such instance is that the main menu is no longer styled the same way (for example - it does not display the small divider between menu items, etc.). Additionally, when you scroll down the page and the main menu height shrinks - the main menu items "text" becomes mashed together. (no padding, margins, etc. or any styling at all). My best guess is that the child theme is not loading some of the parent theme content.

Can you provide some advice on what I need to do to use the "blank" child theme without it changing the site the way it is suppose to be rendered. All I want to do is add some additional script references.

Thank you

Comments