Can you use a pre-built design without resetting the database?

Hi, I'm a developer who just inherited a site that is using version 16.4 of BeTheme. Ideally, I would like to update the theme and use one of the pre-built websites available in the latest version, however it seems like the only way to use a pre-built website is to reset the database. Am I understanding correctly that if I want to use one of the pre-built designs that I would have to start fresh and re-enter all of the content on the website?

Is there any option that both maintains the current content and allows me to update the design to look like basic "Theme" pre-built option? What are my options to move forward? What do you recommend doing? 

Let me know if you need any more information from me before answering.

Thanks! 

Comments

• Hi.
    Yes you can. First of all make a backup of your website.
    When you import a pre-built website on top of an existing content, this will happen:
    1. The same page names will not get imported, so if you have a page named 'contact' the new contact page will not import.
    2. Theme options will get overwritten, you can only import the theme options if you like.
    3. All new images will be added to MEDIA.
    4. New widgets will be added.
    thanks
  • Ah, I didn't realize I could import only the options. This worked out fine, thanks!