change options for dropdown submenu

Hi,
I have a site with a left vertical menu that have two level of dropdown submenu like:
Products
  | Laminates
     | Hardeners

How can I change the font size of the second submenu "hardeners" ?

And if I click on "Hardeners" the submenu is
closed again. Ho can I let show the dropdown menu always
when items are active?

Thanks in advance,

Elisa

Comments

• Hi,
    sorry but the submenu will always hide, there is no possibility to show it when it is active in the theme.
    Font size can be only changed via custom css, we can give you the code but you will have to send us a link to this page.
    thanks
  • edited November 2018
    Ok, the link at my site is here
    I have another question that i think is the same css problem...

I want that when i'm in the page of submenu (like "hardeners") the name of the page in menu, is colored in orange.
    In this moment the name of the page is colored like that i wasn't in that page, but are colored the other submenu pages (like "Products" and "Laminates").
    U can see that in the link that i give u.

Thanks again
  • Oh sorry, I forget a thing.
    How can I change the icon + in submenu with another icon?
  • Sorry but we do not have an option to change the menu icon.
    And also we cannot help with the item color, it does not have the functionality to highlight 3rd level menus. I will ask the dev team about this, please ask this question again next week I will give you an answer.

For the font size in the third level of the menu use this css
    .menu .sub-menu .sub-menu > li a {
    font-size:18px !important;
    }
  • Thank u very much for the css!
    As like as you told me, i request this question:

"I want that when i'm in the page of submenu (like "hardeners") the name of the page in menu, is colored in orange.
    In
    this moment the name of the page is colored like that i wasn't in that
    page, but are colored the other submenu pages (like "Products" and
    "Laminates")."

Thanks again
  • Try using this css
    .current_page_item a {
    color:red !important;
    }
  • edited December 2017
    Oh thanks!it work :)

I have another question...I see that the pages of submenu (like laminates and hardeners) have a colored bar. If I change the color they remains colored togheter, but I want that remains colored only the page where I am.
    How can I do?

thanks again
  • Sorry but I do not follow, show on a screenshot.
  • So do you want to remove the background or do you want the whole list to have a darker background ?

• I want that remain colored only the background of the page where i am (like wetting agents), not also the other page (laminates)
  • Sorry but this will be not possible, it would not lightup the laminates at all, even if you would be on that page.

• Ok thanks anyway :)
  • edited March 2019
    To have the sub menu always hide is not a good option , we should be able to keep it open when an user is clicking the specific page. Having the menu hide reduce the user experience on the website and will create frustration.

We can use something like this, at custom css on every page we want to have it open.

#Header_creative.dropdown #Top_bar #menu .sub-menu  {
    display: block;
    }

But it not working how it should, because the user has to click two times to have the menu close.
  • The CSS is not a solution here - it require a little bit theme files customization.
    Please post your suggestion on this topic:
    Thanks
  • Can you offer a solution for this problem? 
  • It's not possible with a betheme's theme options.
    The CSS will not be a solution (as I told), because it's managed by javascript and it will behave as in your case.

You would have to edit theme files and change the behavior of the menu, to be submenus always opened if you're on this page.

Unfortunately, we do not provide help with theme files customization.
    Thanks
  • But the theme has for example a "Dropdown submenu" and a theme "Creative: Always Open." At least in this particular case should have should have this option.

Can any indication be provided where the modifications should be made, more exact please?
  • We would have to change the coding of the rest of the headers to fix that - but customers were not complaining about it.

If you want to change the behavior of the headers, you should start with the 'theme-head.php' file.
    It should direct you to other files.
    Thanks