Create a Blog with Sidebar

Hi,

How can I create a blog similar to your classical example here: http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/theme/blog/classic/ ?

I have created a category 'blog' and I am showing the blog posts, but the sidebar is not showing in the main blog page, but it shows only in the specific blog post.

Can you help?

R.

Comments

• Hi,
    first declare the main blog page in settings>reading as the posts page.
    Then edit this page and go to page options where you will be able to change the page layout and set the desired sidebar.

If you do not have a sidebar created, go to theme options>sidebars and create one. Then in appaerance>widgets you can place widgets into it.
    thanks
  • Thank you Muffin Support,

Within the page that I have created, can I only show the posts with specific categories? Because the blog is within a website, we have other posts that show within other sections of the website and are not blog posts.
  • If you create pages and not posts then they will not appear on the main blog page.
    You can see all the settings in theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>blog
    thanks
  • Hi in Betheme options>blog,portfolio&shop>blog I only see Categories that I exclude. Is there a way to only include a specific category, rather than excluding all the other categories that I don't want to show?
  • There is the only option to exclude, if you want to show only one, then exclude all other categories.